-| 30 / the balcony / part 2 |-

By the time Crystal, Scott, Violet and Phoebe woke up, it was late afternoon.

Phoebe was the first to wake up, who proceeded to immediately wake Violet so that they could both admire their masterpiece.

Scott had his arm wrapped around Crystal, as she had her head lying on his shoulder and was hugging him from around the waist.

“Is it too late to make my brother switch rooms with you?”, Phoebe whispered at Violet.

“Probably...”, Violet shrugged. “We don't want to push them too far; they might catch on.”, she added. Phoebe only nodded.

A knock on the door failed to wake Crystal and Scott, who were still sleeping together.

“Who is it?”, Violet shouted, ignoring her asleep friends (who also ignored her shouting).

“Jackson.”, a voice replied from outside.

“And Charles!”, another one added.

“Then I shall let you in.”, she chuckled and rushed to open the door.

The couple walked inside, their fingers intertwined, and smiled widely at Violet.

“What are you two so happy about?”, she asked them.

“Well... We have good news and bad news.”, Charles started.

“Okay, let's go outside in the corridor, because Crystal and Scott are sleeping.”, she told them quietly.

“You didn't care about that a few moments ago when you were shouting like there was no tomorrow!”, Phoebe reminded her.

“Shut up...”, Violet waved her off and went outside with the two boys.

“Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?”, Charles started.

“Tell me the good news first. I want to be happy for a bit before descending into the depths of utter darkness and misery.”, she replied.

“Right...”, Jackson clicked his tongue. “We won't be needing all the things you promised us in exchange for following you around.”

“How come?”

“Here come the bad news...”, Charles sighed.

“Are you two sick and dying? Please tell me that you're not dying!”, Violet rushed worriedly.

“What? No! We just won't be following you around anymore either. We found a job here and there's a pretty cheap house we can move into. We can start a good life here, away from all that mess you've gotten yourself tangled into...”, Jackson explained.

“Oh. Guys, that's great news for you! Why would you tell me it's bad? You gave me a heart attack!”

“So you're not going to miss us?”, Charles asked her, looking offended.

“Of course I am, but this is a great opportunity for you two! You can settle down here!”, she said excitedly. “And who knows? Maybe I'll visit from time to time once all of this is over.”

“V, you're awesome.”, Jackson told her.

“Was that a compliment?!”, she asked in surprise.

“Don't get used to it.”, he rolled his eyes.

“Thanks for sticking with me, though. You're making the right choice by not getting into this whole thing.”, she told them.

“We know. That's why we're staying away from it.”, Jackson replied. Charles elbowed him. “What? It's the truth!”