-| introduction |-

It all started when Alastor and Daniel Cornel, twin princes, had a fight. A huge one. No one in the kingdom knew what it was about, but it happened and it was quite out of the blue.

The two brothers had always been pretty close. They always played together in the palace... or so it seemed.

The fight wasn't to be taken lightly. Daniel was the oldest, the heir to the throne, but after the fight Alastor became pretty interested in becoming king. He turned a small portion of the army, the best of the best, against his brother and in the end he managed to take over half the kingdom.

The entire kingdom split in half after that, the northern, which was Daniel's, and the southern, which was Alastor's.

This vendetta of theirs became worse and worse as the years flew by. Eventually, Daniel got married and his wife gave birth to twins. A week after the news were announced, the palace got attacked by his brother and his family was presumed dead.

Alastor had three kids of his own. A daughter (the oldest), and another pair of twins. When he had his children, Daniel attacked his palace in return and Alastor's second daughter, one of the twins, went missing. Both brothers claimed they didn't have her.

Alastor never stopped searching. He became obsessed. As for his brother, he never stopped grieving for his lost family.

Apart from family drama that concerns the entire world, there are also some people you don't want to mess with... The witches.

They're pretty much the most powerful beings across the kingdoms and you don't wanna get on their bad side. Seriously. Just don't.

They live in clans, usually in mountains or near water, depending on what they mostly practice magic on. They're not really hunted and hated, but they're not quite welcome either, which is why they isolate themselves. Some clans have rules against associating with other people and could banish you for that.

But that's nothing compared to having a witch's hair cut short. All of them grow their hair pretty long, but if one of them angers the leader, they could get a pretty permanent haircut. Then everyone would consider the witch a disgrace and an outcast.

Witches are usually born with the gift but others manage to practice some magic through many years hard work, after at least three decades.

But there aren't only torn apart kingdoms and powerful witch clans. There are also meadows and fields almost everywhere.

And then there are the bad neighborhoods... At least one in every town or village. Some towns were plain bad neighborhoods. Neighborhoods with high crime rates, but little money and full of homeless people. Drunks in every corner. Broken bottles everywhere.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows in the real world.

Crystal Meadows lived in a meadow, which is pretty ironic. She never knew her mom, but her dad was the best person she'd met, and she'd met lots of people.

People who didn't want her around because she was weird.

She never really got why people called her weird. She wasn't really that different from other girls. She just didn't like staying in and doing housework. She liked going out, horseriding, climbing on trees and reading.

The girls never paid her any attention, because they considered her a little boyish, and the boys didn't want her around because she was a girl.