-| 12 / you shouldn't have done that |-

Scott gave the guard such a death glare, Crystal was surprised the guard didn't pee himself in front of everyone and then die of embarrassment. That would have been one hell of a way to go.

“What are you waiti--”, the soldier didn't get the chance to complete his sentence.

Scott threw a punch in his face, but his glare never wavered. “I'm not waiting.”, he growled. “Someone needs to teach you some respect.”

The soldier tried to hit the boy back, but Scott was faster and dodged the punch easily. Clearly annoyed, the soldier grabbed a chair and threw it at him. Scott attacked again, kicking and punching.

Crystal seemed a little dazed by everything that was going on and hadn't moved from the floor. Who could blame her? That guy had hit her pretty hard and she had never been much of a fighter anyway. She'd never been hit before either. Now, if she had a bow and arrow things would have been pretty different, but she didn't, so there wasn't much she could do. She tried to help Scott ask much as she could by staying out of his way. Don't worry, Scott appreciated that.

Meanwhile, the three other guards tried to join in the fight, but the guard who was getting his butt kicked motioned them to stay back.

Things started getting hard for dear old Scott, though, a while later when his opponent grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and threw him across the room and onto the wall.

“Leave him alone!”, Crystal yelled and staggered to get on her feet.

“What are you going to do about it, princess?”, the soldier smirked. She shivered again. “That's right. Stay back and do nothing.”, he sneered and yanked Scott from the throat, pinning him against the wall. He couldn't breathe and was struggling to free himself.

Everyone was too busy watching Scott fightimg for his life to notice Crystal was back on her feet. They only joined her again when a loud "thwack" made the "big boss" freeze, loosen his grip on her friend and slowly fall to the ground with a bang.

She was standing behind him, holding the leg from the chair that had been broken earlier in the fight, and was giving everyone a daring glare.

One of the soldiers approached her angrily. “Stay back.”, she growled. He ignored her.

She glared at him harder and waved her hand lightly, slamming him against the ceiling and the floor a couple times, before letting him fall down, unconscious.

“Who's next?”, she hissed. The two remaining guards glanced at each other and then ran for the door.

Ignoring the two others, Crystal ran to Scott, who was sitting against the wall. He seemed pretty shocked at what had just taken place and flinched away when she kneeled next to him.

“I- Are you okay?”, she bit her lip.

He nodded. “You?”, he asked her.

“I'm fine. You're the one who got beat up, not me. Let me see that...”, she frowned and tried to look at his bleeding cheek and lip.

“I said I'm okay. I've had worse.”, he glared at her and got up. “Let's just get out of here before these two idiots wake up or before the other two come back with reinforcements.”

“Oh... Okay, then.”, her face fell as she stood up. They grabbed their stuff as fast as they could, loaded them on Ash and then rode away.

Their trip was silent. Crystal rode Ash as fast as he could and Scott spoke only to tell her where to turn.

I'm finally going back home. Crystal thought and couldn't help but smile at that.

If only things had been that simple...