-| 19 / stealth? never heard of her |-

Phoebe replied sooner than they had expected. She said she could be at the palace in just a few hours, but that she'd get them out the following day at midnight.

Scott and Crystal bathed (which included Violet trying to get the branches off their hair for hours), got some supplies and were ready to hit the road.

Caroline and Crystal had had a serious conversation the night before, concerning what happened to Faith and how Caroline herself was holding up.

She was barely coping. She'd already been traumatised by finding her mother dead as a kid, but also finding her girlfriend murdered? Life was already hard as it was with an abusive father and the responsibilities of being the heir to the throne.

Caroline was going through a really rough and long patch called life. She couldn't stand responsibilities anymore. She wanted to be free, but she didn't think she could do it.

Her entire life had been rules and people telling her what to do. It was already hard for her to make a simple choice on her own, let alone decide what to do with her future. No matter how much she wanted her freedom, she just couldn't get it.

Violet pulled Crystal aside at some point.

“There's something you need to know.”, she started.

“What's wrong?”, Crystal asked her.

“No- nothing like that. Don't worry. Just... I need you to promise me something. Please.”, Violet bit her lip.

“What is it?”

“When you get out of here, get out of this kingdom. Go to Daniel's, but don't you dare go anywhere near the palace. Stay away from both kings for a while. Their feud has deeper roots than you may think.”

“What are you talking about? Do you know what happened between them?”, Crystal asked curiously.

“Just stay away from your father and uncle. Daniel and Alastor have been at each other's throats for over twenty years and things right now are worse than ever. Promise me you won't go looking for King Daniel.”, Violet pleaded.

“I won't.”, Crystal nodded.

“Good.”

Now, if you think that there was some tension between the girls after that, wait until you see what happened a few corridors away, at Tristan's room.

Tristan and Scott couldn't stand each other, even though that wasn't a first for Scott.

“What's the deal with you and Crystal?”, Tristan asked suspiciously when they entered the room.

“There's no deal with me and Crystal and even if there was, it would be none of your business.”, Scott crossed his arms.

“Defensive much?”

“Not all of us grew up in a fancy palace, you know.”, Scott shrugged.

“Was that jealousy?”

“No, it was a statement. There's nothing here to be jealous of apart from the fact that you have no idea what the outside world is like.”

“I've been out!”

“Let me guess; to party?”, Scott raised an eyebrow. Tristan looked away, then back at him.

“That's not the point! You're really infuriating to talk to.”, Tristan grumbled.

“I know the feeling...”, Scott muttered.

“Why are you so cold to people?”, Tristan asked again.

“Is this an interrogation or something?”