Chapter 20

“Wow you look tired?” Stacy pointed out as I hopped out of my car, grabbing my bag.

“Um…late night.” She didn’t seem convinced so we she just walked beside me. I looked over at her as I saw her notice my small limp. Before she had a chance to bring it up I spoke. “So which store first?”

“Umm…Victoria Secret?” I nodded my head in agreement as we headed inside the mall.

Two hours and 8 stores later we were sitting in the food court, sipping on fruit smoothies, shopping bags of all sizes littered around us. We laughed and talked about everything. I felt like a little teen again with Stacy, as much as she reminds me of Fran from The Nanny, she was good company. We even gossiped about the people around us and cute guys around the mall. Hey! We aren’t married and its only harmless looking.  Even though I saw plenty of amazingly cute guys I couldn’t get Logan out of my head.

“So why are you so out of it?” she asked taking another sip from her pineapple drink.

“Well, Logan took me on an amazing date for my birthday yesterday. Like it was perfect. Dinner by a lake littered with Christmas lights, amazing food and it was so spectacular.”

“Wow sounds dreamy.” She said and I smiled at her.

“I’m not finished. After dinner we went to his Aunts farm and we went on a horseback ride through a path that lead to an open field. “I watched as Stacy’s eyes went wide. “In the field was a little campfire and a blanket with a basket next to it.”

“Did you guys…you know.” She winked at me. I felt my face start to heat up and I could only imagine how red it was turning, a giant smile taking over my face. “Awee!” she said making me almost choke on my strawberry banana drink form how loud she was.

“Shhh...” She got embarrassed then smiled back at me.

“How was it?” I looked up at the ceiling as if the scene was reenacting above us.

“It was magical.” Was all I could say. I know. I know. Corny, right? But it’s truly how I felt. “And after we held each other we rode the horses back to the barn only to be greeted by the one and only Lexie.”

“Awe man. What happened?” she said looking off to the side as if she was ready to kick some ass.

“Well, she called me a boyfriend stealer and then she slapped me.” I turned my head to show her the faintly noticeable scratch on my cheek. She shook her head and I mimicked right back.

“Well at least you guys are okay.” She didn’t even know about our little argument when we got home but I felt that was canceled away by him crawling back in bed with me and making me breakfast in the morning, half naked. I figured I had a right to keep that one to myself.

“Okay what now?” I asked changing the subject.

“Well, we can look for sales in DEB? They always have sweet sales.” That was true. I went to get up when I glanced over at one of the jewelry stores. There stood Logan and Dean entering it at a fast pace, looking around as if to see if anyone saw them.

“Stacy.”

“What?” she asked looking in the direction I was looking as I sat back down in the seat. “Is that Dean and Logan?”

I nodded my head as I squinted my eyes trying to see what they were doing, my eyes were so heavy and tired it wasn’t much help.

“Are you and Dean celebrating anything?” I asked trying to figure out why they would be in there.

“Nope our anniversary was 2 weeks ago.”

“Same here.” I looked back at the boys as one of the older guys started a conversation with them. Dean asked him something and the man nodded pointing to the other side of the store. Then they proceeded to follow him to where he had pointed.