Chapter 10

After our little moment on out front step he called his mom to ask if there was an update. He said he didn’t want to go out looking for Lexie, but he was still worried. I smiled at him being so caring of his friends and family, it was sweet.

I just sat on the couch and watched an interview on TV about some washed up actress who just got out of rehab and is “doing better”. I could hear Logan talking to Lisa about something important. You could tell he was being serious because his voice deepens and he paces.

The glass door muffled his words so I couldn’t really understand what was being said but I knew he would tell me anyway. He sat down on one of our patio chairs and put his head in his hands  looking down at the floor. My stomach started doing flips with worry, it was never good when Logan looked like that.

My thoughts were on stress. Everything going on and then his career, I wouldn’t be able to handle it.

How does he do it?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the slide glass door slam shut. I half thought the glass would shatter that’s how hard he pushed it.

He walked over to me and sat next to me making the cushion sink in. I waited for him to talk and say something. We haven’t exchanged any words since he said the 3 little words with big meaning.

People today throw around that word. You may think I just said it so I could keep him from leaving and go look for Lexie. But I truly do love him, and I want him to myself.

He let out a sigh and looked at me. he flashed me a small smile and I couldn’t help but smile back. My eyes were hurting from crying so it probably looked like I was squinting at him. I really could use a nap.

“Did you hear any of that?” he looked back at his hands.

“No.” I could tell something was wrong. “Why? What happened?”

When he didn’t answer I shifted in my seat. Silence really gets to me and I get to a point where I’m just plain uncomfortable. I tried to control myself so I didn’t upset Logan.

“I’m sorry Bree. I know how quietness makes you nervous.” He knew me to well.

He turned to face me and then he pulled me on top of his lap and pulled me into a hug. But it turned into us just holding each other. It was nice, we did this as best friends but this time…it seemed so much better. He played with my fingers and when he was done he looked into my eyes with his blue eyes making my toes go numb.

“Bree, I need to talk to you about something.” He was serious while playing with my hair now.

“Okay Logan, go ahead.” I waited patiently as he regained his thoughts. He was looking around as if trying to avoid looking at me. then I saw it. He had a tear running down his face.

I grabbed a hold of his jaw, considering my hands were so tiny and his head was so big. I wiped away the tear.