Chapter 21

Two hours later Stacy was ready for her dinner date. I sat on my bed as I watched her look at herself in the mirror, laughing to herself while looking at her left hand as if it already had the ring on it.

“Are you nervous?” I asked her. She turned to face me, never losing the smile on her face.

“Not at all. I’m actually excited.” I smiled to her when she turned back to the mirror. She was dressed in a short but elegant pink party dress and black pumps. I helped her curl her hair and do her makeup and when she was done she was fiancé material.

“He’s going to have fun showing me off as his fiancé, huh?” she asked me.

“I mean, are we even positive it’s an engagement ring? I don’t want you to get your hopes up you know?” she turned and looked at me, again, with the big grin plastered on her face.

“Common, Aubrey. We both saw his pick out the ring. Your boyfriend even helped. How about we go ask him?” I looked at her but then decided against it.

“No because it might ruin everything and I don’t want him to know that we were sneaking around, spying. Ya know?” he nodded her head putting on the finish touches to her appearance.

About 5 minutes later we heard the doorbell. From my room we heard Logan answer the door and then there were two very loud guys greeting each other. It seemed almost fake. They were pretty smart but luckily for us we were smarter. We already knew that this isn’t the first time they have seen each other today and that Logan wasn’t in fact in the apartment all day. Stacy and I looked at each other and giggled. Then the two guys were quiet, yeah definitely a show.

“Well I guess you shouldn’t keep Dean waiting.” I said shooting her a smile and nudging her out the door.

She stopped in the hallway and turned to me. “remember when I said I wasn’t nervous?”

“Yeah?” I said looking at her.

“I lied. I’m shaking.” I hugged her and then rubbed her back.

“You’ll be fine, just think about your feelings for this man.” She looked past me in the hallway and stared off into space. Then she looked back at me with a smile and nodded.

She told me to go out first so I did. I saw Logan and Dean hanging out by the door. Dean was wearing a white dress shirt with black dress pants. He looked really good and cleaned himself up well. I walked over to Logan who put his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him.

Then Stacy made her entrance. Dean looked at her and smiled, then his eyes went wide and he looked at Logan with a look I couldn’t quite understand. But from the way Logan stood taller and made the same look back I knew that he understood something I wasn’t catching on. Stacy stood next to Dean completely oblivious to all these signals and signs that were going on.

When Dean looked back at Stacy he had his regular face back and smiled at her. “You look beautiful babe.” Stacy blushed and then kissed him, which he returned.

He shot Logan another look before opening the door for Stacy and then they were gone. Leaving me and Logan standing there. The air in the room felt really weird.

“What was that about?” I asked him when he ran his fingers through his hair. He looked at me with a confused look. “The whole look you and Dean exchanged, as if you knew something I didn’t?”

He was quick with his response but I knew it was a cover. “I…Um…I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He is so see through when he is lying. Luckily I knew the truth.

“Well, I’m going to take a shower. What are we doing for dinner?” I asked.  He looked at me and seemed to make a decision on his own.

“Take out?” I loved takeout and he knew that. “Thai? And a movie?”