Chapter 3

I woke up to the TV replaying the movie. I looked over to see Logan fast asleep obviously being affected by the time difference. He had a faint smile on his face and he reminded me of when we were little and how I used to watch him sleep and imagine what he was dreaming.  Usually you would say a little kid looked so innocent when they slept. In Logan’s case he had many facial expressions but when he slept he looked  guilty of something. That is probably what made me so interested in him and helped us stay friends all this time. He was always unpredictable…the reason why he was such a good actor.

I checked my phone and saw 2 missed calls and 3 messages from Lexie.

Lexiebear: What you guys up too? Please don’t say anything you will regret it.

The second one read…

Lexiebear: I just got a call from Doc and my car is ready. I’m taking a cab to pick it up then I’m heading over to Colby’s. keep Logan busy.

The third one was the best…

Lexiebear: So I’m not going to be able to be coming back tonight. Can you make something up to tell Logan. Colby is taking me to a movie and then he said he has a surprise for me at his apartment. Wish me luck:)

Ughhh really? Did she know her boyfriend is here visiting her and wants to see her while she is off fooling around. I felt sick to my stomach. I shut off my phone and fell back asleep into Logan’s chest.

I woke up 2 hours later. The movie was switched to Dumb and Dumber, Logan and my favorite movie since 6th grade. He obviously woke up and switched it. I watched him as he shifted himself closer to me appearing lost in his sleep. I tried to get up and slip out of his hold around me. I swear if someone didn’t think we were friends they would have thought differently if they saw us like this. I tried to pry his fingers one by one from my side but he would just tighten his grip. I winced as his fingers started to pulse, squeezing and releasing.

I realized what he was doing. I looked at his face and he was smiling bigger than before. That little sneak…then his eyes shot open and he chuckled. I fell off the couch as he started tickling my sides again.

“whoa… whoa… whoa…Lo..gan..stop…please…” I tried to beg for mercy in the middle of his attacks but it just made me laugh harder and him to get more into it. Then he threw me onto his back. Wow he is strong. All I saw was his back and his feet as he walked. He was missing a sock and it made me giggle.

“What you laughing at woman?” he made his voice even deeper and sounded evil. He started to tickle my side again. Then before I knew it I was plopped onto a bed.  As my blood that was rushed to my head from being upside down went to normal my vision cleared. I was in my room and on my bed. He was standing in the middle of my floor laughing. “So why were you laughing?”

I pretended to zip my mouth shut and lock it shut. He grinned at me and I folded my hands over my chest. I shook my head telling him no and took a step forward. I scooted back knowing what was going to happen. He would leap on the bed and crush me and id have to try and fight him but end up defeated.

Just when I thought he was going to attack he turned around and ran out, slamming the door behind him. I got up off the bed and walked over to the door. But when I went to open it the knob wouldn’t turn.

“Ha-ha very funny Logan. Now let go of the handle.” I was laughing and I heard his chuckle on the other side of the door.

“If you tell me why you were laughing ill let go.” I released the doorknob and sat on the floor.

“Okay I was laughing because you only have one sock on.”             There was a pause and then I heard his feet shuffling. I went to the knob again and it clicked open.