♡ hwang minhyun | flower crown

words counted: 1487 wordsgenre: fluffa/n: Minhyun really suits in this chapter;))-

genre: fluff
a/n: Minhyun really suits in this chapter;))
-

The petals that fell from the cherry blossom trees all over your city were blowing gracefully with the wind guiding where the petals ended up, the scene almost resembling one in a Shoujo manga. You shivered ever so slightly, cursing at yourself for not wearing heavier clothing even though you knew winter was approaching and simply hugged yourself with the thin cream sweater you wore to protect yourself from the chilly winds.

All you could hear at the moment as you were making your way towards the exit of your school was the sound of the wind blowing and the sounds of your school shoes hitting the hard surface. These sounds put together created a lovely melody that soothed anyone that heard it, the melody seeming to be complete all until you heard the sounds of angelic singing.

You immediately stopped walking, standing as still as ever as you only allowed yourself to focus on the sounds of the angelic singing you heard, wondering where in the world it was coming from and if you could hear more of it. Eventually, the angelic voice began to soften, the voice being accompanied by the sounds of footsteps that were taken away from you, your eyes widening in fear of losing the angelic voice all before you began to follow the angelic voice and their footsteps, purely just focused on finding out who was the person behind the angelic voice.

You had ended up on the other side of the school, where you were right before you decided it was best to head home, following the angelic voice that sang the lyrics of a song you hadn't heard of but wanted so badly to hear over and over again as you found yourself standing in front of two buildings right next to each other with the tiniest space in between them, the confined space mostly used for people who wanted to make out with their partners without getting caught on the school cameras or who wanted to take a smoke, another thing they didn't want to get caught doing. You figured the person behind the angelic voice was someone who was meeting up with their partner or taking a smoke, something you didn't plan on intruding but the longer you stood listening to the angelic voice, the more you desired to know the person behind the voice.

You let out a quick sigh, nodding your head in approval before you walked in between the small space between the two buildings, reaching the end of the path and turning to your left, eyes blinking as they laid on a boy you hadn't seen before singing with that angelic voice you had been chasing after while organizing a bunch of flowers he had picked.

You watched the boy for a moment, admiring the innocent and pure glow that surrounded him as he organized his flowers, getting to work to attaching them to some decorated wire which would in the end become a flower crown. You couldn't help but smile at the boy, finding the whole scene beautiful in your eyes before it soon dawned on you that it was indeed creepy as hell that you were just staring at someone you didn't even know. As you turned around to leave, you didn't see one of the pole vaults laid there and just so happened to trip over it, falling flat onto the ground and quickly grabbing the attention of the boy with the angelic voice.

He quickly dropped what he was doing, standing up and rushing over to you before kneeling beside you and bombarding you with questions of concern, his concern melting away the embarrassment you felt after you had fallen and only making your heart flutter in your chest because you had never known of someone who cared so much about you, a complete stranger.

The boy took your hand, you standing up with his help before you had finally caught a glimpse of his face up-close. Your pupils dilated and you swallowed a lump that had developed in your throat. He was beautiful, so beautiful that you were almost 100% convinced that he wasn't real and was a figment of your imagination. The boy simply sent an bright smile your way, the sight of his bright smile causing you to stop staring at him in disbelief and smile back at him, still amazed at the beauty he possessed.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked you, his hands still holding onto yours even after he had helped you stand up.

"Yeah." You simply answered him, feeling a flustered blush beginning to settle upon your cheeks the longer your eyes had to stare at him and the longer he held your hands.

"Would you like to sit down with me and make flower crowns? I'm sure I have enough materials to make you one." The boy asked you politely, still smiling so brightly that his eyes smiled along with his lips and still holding your hands that slowly grew clammy at the contact.

"Oh, that's okay, no thanks. You don't even know me." You answered the sweet boy, not wanting to be rude but not wanting to be unrealistic either.

"Oh, come on silly, we'll get to know each other as we make our flower crowns," The boy mentioned to you, walking forwards while still holding your hands and pulling you towards where he previously sat, turning his head back to face you as he mentioned to you, "By the way, my name is Minhyun."

-

"What do you think of this flower crown, (Y/N)? Isn't it pretty?" Minhyun asked you with a gleeful smile spread right across his face as he showed you the beautiful flower crown made up of pretty cherry blossoms.

"It looks beautiful, Minhyun ." You answered the boy with a smile, admiring his truly beautiful creation.

"I want you to have it," Minhyun stated, smiling brightly once again as he explained, "So that you can remember the first time we met."

He toyed with the flower crown in his hands for a moment, looking down at it before gently placing the flower crown onto the top of your head, a gust of cherry blossom petals wind somehow blowing in the confined space and making you appear more like the beautiful angel Minhyun had always seen you as. He couldn't keep holding back his feelings or actions anymore and simply leaned inwards, his small yet pretty pink plump lips kissed the skin of your cheek, your cheek turning a bright pink color at the contact.

You woke up gasping for air, shooting right up from your position on the bed and simply stared right in front of you as tried to catch your breath. You heard the sounds of arms hitting the mattress before hearing multiple groans, Minhyun's body that laid beside you moving slightly before he sat himself up, completely confused as to why you had woken up but awake enough to sense that maybe something was wrong.

"What's wrong, jagiya?" Minhyun asked in a groggy voice, your head turning in his direction as he adorably pouted with closed eyes and wrapped his arms around you, resting his head against your arm.

"Nothing, I just had a dream that I wasn't expecting to have." You explained softly to him, looking down at his sleepy figure that clutched to you and smiling a small fond smile, placing a kiss on the top of his head which earned you a hum of satisfaction from him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked you before he heard him yawning, feeling sympathetic for waking him up because you knew he worked his hardest at work and needed all the rest he could get.

"No, thanks," You declined his offer politely, kissing the top of his head again before telling him, "Go back to sleep."

"Okay." Minhyun agreed before yawning again, clutching even more tightly on you before his grip loosened on you, his arms unwrapping themselves around you before you watched him lay back down on the bed and fall asleep once again.

You turned your head to look ahead of you, taking in a deep breath before letting it out, your eyes gazing at the old and wilting cherry blossom flower crown hung on the bedroom door handle. A lazy yet find smile began to settle on your face, the memory of how Minhyun and you both met playing in your mind yet again before you laid back down on your bed.

Your eyes stared at Minhyun's sleeping figure that was before your very eyes, the sight one that you thought was honestly a true blessing for your eyes to see. You brought your hand to his face, gently pushing some of his hair out of his face before whispering to him, "My flower crown prince." and drifting off to sleep for the second time that night.