❁ lee daehwi | science fair

words counted: 2240 wordsgenre: fluff

genre: fluff

-

You happened to walk past the list pinned to the message board at your school, casually glancing at the list of people who were taking part in the Science Fair to see if there was more people that you were going to be up against for the first prize. You slowed your footsteps when your eyes caught a familiar signature that unnecessarily took too much space, you stopping completely and walking over to the list of people who were participating in this year's Science Fair, more than surprised to see one of your best friend's name, Lee Daehwi, there on the list.

Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion, finding it most irregular that Daehwi, your best friend that always groaned whenever you mentioned something even remotely related to Science, was competing in this year's Science Fair. You knew he hated Science, more than anyone you had ever seen before and couldn't really understand why he'd sign himself up. You stared at his signature for a moment longer, hoping that maybe this was a figment of your imagination or that maybe Daehwi wrote his signature there as a joke and went ahead and searched for Daehwi, finding him tapping his pencil against the table in his English class, five minutes before classes actually started for the day.

"Daehwi?" You called out from the door of the English class, standing in the doorway of the classroom.

He looked up from the pencil in between his fingers, a bright smile spreading across his face as he answered back, "Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Classes haven't began yet, Daehwi," You answered the boy back, chuckling quite a bit before you witnessed an embarrassed smile grace his features and a pretty pink blush surface onto the skin of his soft cheeks, "And also, I wanted to ask you something."

"Shoot." Daewhi instructed you, leaning back in his chair as his eyes focused on you with an emotion you shouldn't of missed at the moment but unfortunately did, and continued onwards with what you were about to ask him.

"Why did I see your signature on the list of the people who are participating in the Science Fair?" You asked curiously, hoping that he would answer you that it was just some joke and he wasn't actually going to compete because, to be honest, he was horrible at Science. He was good at everything else except Science. You hated admitting this, but you kind of had to when everyone screamed in delight when he did something he was actually interested in and screamed in horror when he mixed the wrong chemicals in Chemistry class and caused a small explosion in the Science Lab.

"Because I'm taking part in it," Daehwi answered you nonchalantly, seeing the skeptical look on your face and adding on to his answer, "Look, I've actually started to take an interest in science and thought it'd be cool if I showed people what I've got at the Science Fair."

"No offense, Daehwi , but you suck at anything related to Science." You spoke honestly to your best friend, only telling him the cold truth because you didn't want him to embarrass himself at the Science Fair which you heard was going to have some professors from the top college you were applying to in the crowd of the students and parents eager to see what was is store for the Science Fair this year.