Chapter Six - Snake In The Grass

A/N: Sorry guys, sort of a short chapter but it is a bit too intense to make a lot longer. You will see why ;) Hope you are enjoying the story!

Chapter Six – Snake In The Grass

I had never seen darkness like this before. My eyes hurt from trying to see. I couldn’t move my body at first so I had to do my best in order to comprehend where I was. Slowly, my memory returned to me and I realized I had submitted myself to the man who called himself Ethan. I would be more familiar with calling him master, however.

When I was finally able to move my limbs I curled my arm in towards my body and comforted my sore chest. Unlike all the muscles throughout my body, my chest felt as if it had incurred physical damage like an extreme blow. It was almost like I had fallen a great distance and landed face first. I then stood and tried to feel around. It was not too cold or too hot but my teeth were chattering from the pain.

In all my years alive, I couldn’t remember feeling so god awful. I was also still deathly thirsty from my hike and it had only grown worse. I didn’t know how long I had been there but my body had not been cared for or nourished in whatever span of time it was. When I finally found a wall I followed it for what felt like miles. When my body couldn’t go any further I fell to my knees and began to scratch at my face.

If I could have screamed I would have but my voice was strained I couldn’t get out a whisper. Scratching at my face seemed to make the pain through the rest of my body go away. I wanted more than anything for the super healing I had seen before, the ones from the hospital with my burns, to come back.

“They won’t be back.” My master’s familiar voice echoed throughout the room I was in. I looked up to find that candles were beginning to illuminate the grand hall. It was slightly different, much larger now with a wide open floor and no throne for him to sit upon. I turned to find he had been standing there watching me.

I did my best to stand and pushed my weight against the wall. Just as I had it disappeared and I fell to my side. I screamed out in pain, some resemblance of my voice coming back to me.

“What…” I couldn’t finish. I was so angry and yet nothing could have moved me from that spot without godlike force.

“Your healing. All the abilities you had before you submitted yourself to me are gone. I have them now. Call it a consolation prize for the long hours and dedication I am going to have to invest in training you.”

I smiled and shook my head. At first, I thought he was joking. But as his slight smirk did not changed I realized he was serious.

“What exactly did you take from me?” I asked really wishing for one second I could heal the way I healed in the burn ward. Woulds like I had, a now very blatant bruise and rips in my skin all over my body, would take weeks to heal properly followed by some recovery time for the muscle damaged I seemed to have acquired.

“That is not important. Do not dwell on what it is you have lost but focus on what you are about to gain.” He neared me now and kneeled over so that he was close to my face. He looked at me like I was some sort of magnificent piece of artwork he had been dying to add into his collection, “I am going to mold you into the perfect weapon. You are going to have everything you ever wanted. Strength, security, power. But with this you must never forget. You are mine, Perses. You will always be mine.”

It was hard to take in what he had been saying. I tried to stand one last time but this time, as I fell to the ground, it was from the boot of my new master. I cursed in his direction which was followed by a superhuman grip around my neck. His nails sank themselves deep into my flesh causing hot blood to rush down to my collar bone.