Chapter Seven - Yes Master

Chapter Seven – Yes Master

Master provided me with some basic instructions and then a location to take Pandora once I had taken her into my own custody. He had lastly provided me with a small vile ordering me to place it onto her neck when the opportunity came and it would render her incapable of movement for 72 hours, just enough time to get her where she needed to be.

Once I had clarified I understood he dropped me off in Denver, the city nearest to where I was last seen. Now that I had resurfaced it would only be a matter of hours before the team… my uncles… would find me. All I had to do was use one of my old cards, whether it was canceled or not, and they could pin point my location. Maybe even making a phone call to an old school. They were pretty good at what they did. Unfortunately for them they would no longer be good enough. Not for me.

Taking a cab to the Marriott near the airport I was able to check in and get a room. I should have figured they wouldn’t cancel it. My mother wouldn’t let them. None of them wanted their ticket to the golden child severed.

Once inside of the room, the first thing I did was not drink a tall, cold glass of water like I had been dreaming about for months. It was not to sleep in the comfort of soft sheets and a real bed or order room service. None of those things were a part of my world any longer. Instead, I closed the blinds and began my workouts. I stood in the bathroom to let the hot water run. The one thing I would do is take the longest shower of my life but I also wanted the steam. I needed to be reminded of the hot, humid and unbearable temperatures I was used to.

I watched myself for a long time. The scars across my arms and chest were deep. I had never scarred before he took that curse away from me. I referred to it as the curse because it was what those people had given me. Master had taught me that living without their weakness and the scars to remind me of what I was should have been considered a gift from him. And it was. A gift.

Thirty minutes passed.

One hundred push-ups.

An hour passed.

600 sit ups

There was a ding at my phone. The light then began to blink next to the message icon. I walked over and checked it. There were three clicks. It was Marx. That was his way of letting me now he was coming but not to let anyone who may be listening know.

I guess they were pretty suspicious. Normally, it was impossible for them to completely lose someone, especially some kid not trained in deterring professionals. Maybe I had been kidnapped and they needed to know if I was alone or not. It all seemed to amateur now. I couldn’t help but stretch a half smile across my emotionless face.

The number was called. Three rings and then I hung up. Not five minutes after I did so there was a knock at my door. I put my black undershirt back on and shut off the hot water in the shower. I guess that would have to wait.

When I opened the door, Marx, Connor and Casey were waiting at my door. All three were holding guns and dressed in their black, military style uniforms. Marx never expressed emotion on his face. He was a solemn, dark man all in his own. But he accompanied my two other “uncles” in their shared looks of shock.

“Perses… it can’t be.” Casey said as he scanned over me several times. I suppose I had changed but my appearance wasn’t something I had granted much time and energy as of lately.

“What happened to you?” Marx demanded as he then rushed in. I backed up to allow them in. He tried to touch me but I quickly batted away his hands.

 I suppose the scars and pale skin were a bit of a shock in their own but I had also grown taller and there wasn’t any real fat on my body anymore. I suppose I couldn’t afford any what with not eating and all. My face had been left unscarred, for the most part. Just a small one below my bottom lip.