Chapter Five: The 3 Little Helpers

Today, Fin wore his usual ruse when he was around other people; this consisted of him using his magic to hide all the scars and his horns, the color of his eyes and how tall he was. He looked over the women from afar. To them he wanted to appear like a normal human boy. Balam was just finishing their training today. They had spent a week learning the ups and downs, and the three of them made an odd group. The first was a sneaky looking lady with beady gray eyes that were like two silver coins. Her thick, curly, gray hair was very long and worn in a precise style. She was very tall and had a wasp-waist build. The second lady, clearly the oldest, looked to be a compassionate woman with deep-set purple eyes that are like two amethysts. Her silky, straight, milky-white hair was worn in a style that reminded Fin of a holy halo. She had a very slender build. The third and clearly the youngest, reminded Fin of a puppy. She had round lavender eyes. Her luxurious, wavy, brown hair was medium-length and, worn in an artistic style. She was tall and had a curvy build. Her skin was pale, and she had an upturned nose and full lips. This was the first time they were seeing Fin, and they kept glancing over at him.

"Remember to not pay that person mind, yes you may talk to him, ask him questions but for the most part leave him alone, if anyone asks, you don't know him, his location, anything. Got it?" Balam said to them pointing at Fin. "Please just do your job, and live peacefully here." Balam said and smiled. "Now, my brother and I have to leave for a meeting, me will be home with guests at 7, have dinner hot and ready by 6:50 sharp!" And with that, Balam and Nero walked out the front door. Leaving Fin sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

Not a minute after they left the women set to work, cleaning and straightening the house around.

"Why are you so secretive?" Asked the youngest sneaking up to Fin. Her round lavender eyes were wide with curiosity. Fin smiled.

"You their love child or something?" Asked the middle-aged woman with a laugh. Fin snorted.

"Actually-" Fin began.

"Mom!" Hissed the younger woman. "We'll be fired for sure!" She whispered looking around. The oldest lady chuckled and continued to mop.

"I'm Jacklyn." Said the youngest, turning to face Fin once again. She pointed to the other women. "That's my mother Amelia, and my grandmother Thalia." Fin bowed to them.

"My name is Finnegan." He said.

"Balam...Nero...and Finnegan." Jacklyn spoke softly, as if she were trying to remember their names. Fin smiled. Fin felt fur against his leg. He looked down to see Persnicket eyeing the women.

"Oh! And this little guy is Persnicket!" Fin said proudly holding up the cat.

Jacklyn stared at the cat with a confused look on her face, but seemed to shake off whatever she was feeling and pet Persnicket.

"You like people don't you?" Jacklyn cooed. Fin set Persnicket down and the little cat flipped over on his back and purred loudly. "I had a kitten when I was younger that looked exactly like you!" She exclaimed. She rubbed his tummy and he purred affectionately. Fin smiled, but he looked at the girl with a little more interest now. Although he thought of the incident a lot, he couldn't quite remember the child's face or detail from that night. He shook it off, some animals had survived the onslaught, and it could just be that the child before him had once had a cat like Persnicket. He started to stroll back up the stairs.

"Wait!" Jacklyn yelped. Fin stopped on the stairs.

"Yes?" He asked. He looked down at her.

"Aren't you going to stay and talk?" She asked. The two older women stopped what they were doing.

Amelia started to scold Jacklyn, but stopped because Fin appeared right next to the two women. They both stared at him, blinking at the speed at which it had taken him to come back down.