Chapter 20: Blocked

Fin gasped and clawed at his lungs. His hands shook and his body seized. After awhile the shaking subsided and he calmed down.
He blinked a few times and looked at Dairen.
"Mr. Shade?" He asked curiously.
"Yes, i'm here." Dairen said.
"Why are you here?" Fin manged a laugh. Dairen half smiled.
"No idea." He laughed.

******

Nero paced back and fourth in his room. He glanced at the photos that lined his bookshelves and desks. They were mostly Fin, some Balam, and a few were his parents. He picked up the nearest photograph. Jane and Tasha stood smiling up at him. He knew August himself had taken the picture because of the bit of blurry finger you could see at the top right. Nero smiled. He glanced at Jane again. She always looked a little sad in pitcures, unless she was with Tasha. Nero felt like his brothers had almost become their parents. He had become Jane, Fin into Tasha, and Balam who had eventually turned into August, even though he tried hard not to be. Nero didn't know why Balam didnt want to be like August, he had been the nicest man Nero had ever known. Jealous perhaphs and possivess, but not cruel to his childern or wives. But Nero supposed that maybe August had been different before him and Fin.

Balam was currently in a meeting with Elijah and Desmond. Nero had bowed out for lack of a better word -sickness. He was worried and off his game. He feared his brother was dead, or dieing. Balam was losing his nerve as well.

It had now been 2 weeks since Fin had been taken. 1 week since they had lost contact with Dairen Shade, and 3 days since they had last heard anything from the kidnappers.
They had narrowed down the area to where Fin was been held and had ruled out anyone from the council as suspects. Though Dairen's friends had seemed all to eager to help them. Nero had almost had enough. He needed to get his brother back, and then he needed a nap.

******

"They want Nero and you to go to this location alone, and usually i would say this was fine cause you two are powerhouses but this is obviously a trap!" Desmond said.

"A trap designed for you two in particular!" Elijah said. "If they wanted something they would have said it by now, their main objective is obviously to take you down, and take your position." He said angerily.

"We know its Dior gang, but even though they are low level, they outnumber us 12 to 1. They are one of the biggest gangs out there!" Desmond said. "We have been arresting them since the first day demons took over!"
Elijah nodded in agreement.
"We are dealing with a very similar enemy. Dior and Arturo Lemaine, two brothers whose parents died early, leaving them homeless on the streets for years until Dior, the oldest started a gang, the , then Arturo left and wemt solo for awhile only returning when his brother needed him. The gang has flourished ever since."

"Why did Dior need him back?" Balam asked.
"From word on the street, a rival gang took out a few key members and disrupted the trade flow from their business. If you saw what happened, your probably dead. Luckily we know what happened." Elijah said.
"You let him live." Desmond said flatly.
Balam slapped his forhead.

******

Arturo delivered Fin and Dairen breakfast that morning.
The two had started off in different corners of the room at the start of the week, but now they were sleeping side by side, one on the collapsed couch, and one on the matterss. Dairen had jerked awake when the door had opened and looked like he was gonna fight someone.
"Calm down, its just me." Arturo said. Dairen relaxed and Arturo set down the tray of biscuits.
"Actual food this morning? What's the occasion?" Fin yawned. Dairen looked skeptically at the tray but accepted a biscuit when Arturo ate one. Fin wolfed down two of them without even looking Arturos way.
"What is Dior going to do today?" Fin asked.
"Apperently..." Arturo cleared his throat. "Nero is coming today." Fin looked up startled.
"No...he...he can't! By himself?!" Fin grabbed Arturo's jacket. Arturo barely felt him. He was so thin and fragile. His body wasn't powerful enough to support him. Dairen who hadn't eaten until today and was tortured just a little less, because he had once been in the gang and then he had abandoned them, looked prefect, healthy even. Fin looked like he was going to die anyday.
Arturo could feel the power coming off Fin, and new there must be something blocking the flow.
"He'll be fine, i promise you." Arturo said. Fin dropped away and stared at the plate of biscuits.
"I'm going to enter your mind again Fin. I think i know how to get you guys out." Arturo said. The two men looked up at him curiously. Arturo left the biscuits and left the room. He ran to his own room and locked the door. He put the sign on the door for Dior if he came knocking to be quiet.

Then he laid down and fell asleep.