Chapter 19: Stuck

Arturo glanced nervously at Fin, he needed to get back into Fin's head and return his consciousness to its rightful place. Or things could get seriously messy.

Fin's eyes were glazed over and drool was starting to form at the edge of his lip. He did not blink, or even apper to breathe. He was slumped forward in an awful position and Darien was trying his hardest to get Fin to snap out of it.

Dior grabbed Arturo and shoved him out the door.
"Come on bro, we need to edit the game plan!" Dior said.
"BUT I---!" Arturo began. Dior didn't listen and continued pushing him away, the door slamming behind them.

Dairen's shoulders slumped. He gazed into the poor boys face and tried to think of an escape plan. He would need Dior out of the way, and Dairen knew he could convince Arturo to help, but it would be hard to get past Dior.

Men came in and moved Dairen out of the room for awhile, and when he returned Fin was no longer chained to the wall, but was left bleeding on the floor. Dairen rushed to Fins side and there were mutters and laughs from the guards. Fresh scars littered Fins body and his long hair was matted with blood. Dairen moved Fin to the dirty mattress on the floor and with a rag he found tried to clean him up a little bit. He ripped up his own shirt and bandaged Fins wounds. Dairen then paced around the room, plotting and planning their escape.

Arturo glanced nervously at Dior from accross the table. He had been torturing Fin again, Arturo knew, because he was covered in his purple blood. Dior had once hated the color. But had recently remarked that the color looked good on Arturo. Dior had always wanted to be royal. Even since they were little, always playing dictator and bossing everyone around. Arturo had never wanted much, and had usually just gone along with whatever Dior had wanted to do. This seemed extreme. This seemed like maybe his older brother had finally lost it. He was laughing to himself and happily eating dinner.

"I don't know what you did to him Arturo, but i need you to put him back to the way he is usually. It was fun ill give you that, but i need a little bit of response from him. He's so strong willed, I thought maybe you had broken him." Dior laughed. "BUT - when the brothers do come, i must request you put him back like that. It will be sooo much fun to see there faces! Plus, if they do mange to get him back, they will need you alive. I cant take any chances with your life, or my own. If my plan is to succeed, i need that blonde fuck alone. The slient one will be distracted, so we need to take him out first, he's the real threat. I can take blondie if hes enraged and alone." Dior said. Arturo nodded. He saw where his brother was coming from and thought, though crazy, the plan had merit. Dior wasn't a dumb man.

Arturo excused himself from the table then and walked back to his room. After he locked the door he laided down on his bed and focused on Fins mind. He found a slight grey signal and knew if he had taken any longer, Fin might not have made it, it took an extermly strong person to not get lost in there own mind, for once you were lost, your fears could get the better of you.

Arturo found himself at Fins house. The memory that seemed to be playing was not a happy one. He found Fin slumped over next to a cottage. Arturo glanced up at where Fin was staring.
A tiny toddler with jet black hair was sitting in the grass crying as flames took the house in front of him. Glass shards were everywhere from broken windows. A woman was crawling towards a man laying in the grass.
"August...August..." the woman was saying.
"AUGUST! AUGUST!" The woman got more frantic as she pushed the man over and saw that his heart had been ripped from his cheast. She screamed a blood curtling scream and fell next to the man.
"AUGUST!! WAKE UP!" She pounded on his cheast and then in a desperate act tore her cheast open and pulled out her own heart. Breath left her and she froze.
Slowly she put the beating heart in the mans cheast and watched it start to heal the man. She smiled and glanced over at the crying toddler. She crawled over to him. Slowly but surely getting to him. She grabbed him in her arms and slumped against her cottage. She glanced in the tiny shack and picked up a photo from the spilled box on the floor.
"Guess I didn't get to see the world after all huh?" She said slowly and painfully. "At least i got to spend some of it with you and your daddy huh?" She whispered. Her lips closed and her eye lids fluttered.
August was attempting to sit up and Baby Fin was crying long and loud. In the distance Arturo saw a young Nero booking it across the yard torwards them. While August regained himself and seeing his wife and child. Arturo quickly scooped up Fin and headed for the memories door. They barely got out of the door when they heard August's cry of pain.

Fin was almost in a comatose state. Arturo ran to find his consciousness. Why had he gone to that memory? No wonder he was in such a bad state.

Dairen saw a flicker of movement in Fins eyes and his finger twich. Dairen jumped from the couch to his side on seconds.
"Come on Fin! You can do this, stay with me here ok?"
Fin's whole body seemed to shake and then he was upright and gasping for air.

Arturo awoke breathing fast. He had done it. But, now he was worried about Fin.