29. Trust Me.

I woke up and pulled away from Jeremy. I grabbed the glass off of my dresser and walked down stairs. The kitchen seemed so far away. When I got to the kitchen I just turned on the faucet and filled the cup. Strong arms wrapped around my waist and Jeremy nuzzled my neck.

"Why did you get out of bed baby?" He asked sweetly. I turned around to face him and kissed his cheek.

"I was thirsty. You could have gone back to sleep, I was heading up right now." I buried my face in his neck and inhaled his sweet scent. "Mmm... oh, now I don't want to pull away." Jeremy kissed my head.

"Come on take a drink of your water and get back to bed." I smiled and took a big gulp and coughed it out. Vervain. I fell to the floor and looked at Jeremy. He had a concerned look on his face.

"Eliza!" Then. Katherine walked into the kitchen, smirking. She threw Jeremy to the side and knelt down to the floor. She took my chin in her hand.

"You could have been so helpful." She said. I gasped as the wooden stake was shoved into my chest.

"Too bad."

Katherine snapped Jeremy’s neck. She stalked up the stairs and a minute later, my brothers screamed.

***

"Eliza! Wake up!" My eyes shot open and I saw Jeremy and Katherine standing behind him.

"AHH!!" Damon burst into my room and sat on my bed. I jumped into his arms and looked back at Jeremy. Katherine had disappeared.

"It's okay Piccolo. I'm here, you're safe." Jeremy gently touched my cheek.

"Damon, can I hold her?" Damon was uneasy about the idea.

"I don't think she'll let you." Damon set me in his lap.

"N-no...." I whimpered. Jeremy pressed his lips to my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"I won't hurt you, I promise. I'll keep you safe. Trust me." Jeremy spoke softly and soothingly. I was going to scream, he would hurt me, make me die. I looked up into his warm brown eyes.

'This is Jeremy.' A small part of me said. 'Jeremy would never hurt you. He loves you.' I grabbed Jeremy's shirt and rubbed my cheek against it.

"Where's Stefan?" I whimpered. Jeremy kissed my head. "He's with Elena."

"No! I don't believe you, where's Stefan?!" Damon sighed.

"He's okay, he’s with Elena."

"She got to him!" I started shaking and pushed at Jeremy. "Let me go I have to help him!"

"Stefan's fine. Do you want to call him Piccolo? Do you want me to prove it?" I nodded rapidly. Damon grabbed my phone off of my dresser and dialed Stefan's number.

"Stefan, its Damon.... Lizzie's freaking out, she’s saying you’re not okay..... She's right here... I don't know just talk to her." He handed my phone to me. I held it to my ear with both hands.

"Stefan?!"

"What’s wrong Sweetie?" Stefan cooed.

"I had a nightmare." I whimpered. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine. I'll be there in the morning okay?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. Go back to sleep, alright?"

"I will. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I hung up the phone and gave it to Damon. He set it back on my dresser and took me from Jeremy.