32. Drunk!

When we got home from Georgia it was around five. We decided to go to the mall and walk around a little and then took forever to drive back because of traffic.

Jeremy had been grumpy the entire time.

Right now we were home talking about the plan. Grumpy Jeremy was on my last nerve.

"Is there really nothing I can do?" Jeremy asked

"Jeremy you can drive the getaway car." Damon joked. Jeremy just pouted more.

"But-"

"Damn it Jeremy will you stop being such a grouch?!" I screamed. "Theres nothing you can do!" Jeremy glared at me.

"I'm just trying to help!" I rolled my eyes.

"Well go help somewhere else! Theres nothing you can do!"

"I HATE FEELING HELPLESS!" Jeremy screamed and stomped out the door, slaming it behind him. I winced at the sound. After a moment of silence Elena spoke up.

"I'll go find him." She sighed. I shook my head.

"No, I'll go."

***

I found Jeremy laying on the roof outside his window. There was an empty bottle of Vodka next to him and he was looking up at the stars. I sighed.

"Where did you get the Vodka?" I asked.

"Fake I.D." He slurred. I sat next to him and played with his hair. He moved closer to me and layed his head in my lap.

"You shouldn't drink, Jer. It's bad."

"You drink." I chuckled.

"When have you ever seen me drink?"

"... I haven't." He pouted. I smiled.

"Yes Jer, I drink every once in a while but I'm 159 years old. You're 15. So no more drinking, please?" Jeremy nodded.

"Okayyy."

"....I'm gonna have to have this conversation in the morning with you again, aren't I?" He nodded.

"Yessss." I smiled at him and placed my hand on his cheek.

"You're not helpless." I kissed his head. "Its just that Katherine is Stronger than you." Jeremy sat up.

"So are you." He spoke through his teeth.

"I'm a Vampire Jeremy. Of course I'm stronger."

"I want to protect you!" I stroked his cheek, trying to calm him down.

"And you can. Just not from Katherine."

"If I can't protect you from her, then who can I protect you from?!"

"Jeremy your drunk, please calm down."

"I'm not drunk!"

"Yes, you are."

"I'm not fucking drunk!!" I sighed.

"Okay, okay your not drunk. But please calm down." Jeremy looked away.

"I can't lose you." I put my hand under his chin and made him look into my eyes.

"Hey... you won't lose me. You will never lose me."

"I alredy lost my parents. I couldn't do anything. I was helpless."

"Oh Jeremy." I got on my knees and pulled him to me. He buried his head in my neck.

"I miss them, Eliza." I felt tears drop on my neck.

"I know baby." I kissed his head. "I know."