Chapter Twenty-Eight

I wanted Louis back. My best friend. Screw Harry. Screw everything. I just want him. He knows what makes me happy. He knows when I've hit my breaking point. He knows when I'm faking a smile, when I'm trying to hide something from him. He can read me, everything about me, with one look.

Harry and Bella were still gone, so I would be able to go out without him questioning me. I pulled on my flip-flops before ducking out the front door in the direction of Louis' apartment. My hood was up, so the paps wouldn't recognize me. My feet led me down the familiar path, I wasn't thinking, just..acting. I felt numb without him, the past few weeks, with him not near me...I felt like I was going to explode.

I stopped outside his apartment, nervous. Was the girl there? His car was the only one on this side of the street, so...I doubted she was there. I knocked softly on the door, wincing at the sound of my ring rapping on the door. I wanted to take it off...yes. The rings were beautiful, but at this moment, seeing those reminders of my marriage was making me sick.

When Louis didn't answer, I knocked again, and then again. Still no answer.

"Louis...please open the door." I yelled, slamming my fist into the door.

He needed to be here. He HAD to be. I NEEDED him..

Fresh tears poured down my face, and I rested my face against the door. I needed him. Where was my Louis?

My body slid down against the door, until I was curled up on the ground my fingers curled up on the ground in front of me. I needed him here...

~*Louis' POV*~

I sat up, rubbing my head, looking around.

I was in Liam's room.

Wait. Why was I here..?

Then it all came back to me.

Lucy. Harry. Me. The baby.

I groaned and dropped my head into my hands.

I had no idea what I was going to do.

I stood up shakily, my head spinning. I had to get home. I just...needed to sleep in my own bed, and clear my head. I needed a little more to drink. That was the only thing that would help me.

"Liam..I'm gonna head home." I told him, stumbling into the living room.

He looked at me worriedly.

"Lou it's raining..you sure you want to?" he asked.

Sure enough, I could see the rain pounding against the window.

"I just need to go home." I told him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked me, watching me carefully.

"I'll be fine. I can call you when I get home." I smiled at him, trying to convince him.

He sighed, knowing my mind was set.

"Alright. But you better call." he said.

"See you Liam." I said before stepping out into te cool rain.

*****

As soon as my apartment was in sight I knew something was wrong. Even from the whole end of the block away, I knew who was laying there on my porch.

She was curled up into a ball, trying to shield herself from the rain, but not bothering to try to move.

"Lucy!" I yelled, running the length of the block, kneeling down beside her.

She was shivering, shaking, slight whimpers escaping her lips.

"Louis." she murmured, turning into me, her little body shaking terribly.

I scooped her up, cradling her close to me.

"Shhh princess. Shhhh. Im here. it's okay." I pushed open my apartment door, kicking it shut behind me with my foot, carrying her to my bedroom.

Her skin was frozen to the touch, and her wet hair, the ends were frozen. Her teeth were chattering, eyes shut tightly.

"Louis." she moaned, clenching and unclenching her fists.

I pulled the dripping sweatshirt off of her, tossing it onto the floor.

"It's so cold." she breathed, trying to open her eyes, but they kept fluttering closed.

She looked so weak, like a baby bird.

I pulled her sweatpants off, carrying her into the bathroom, settling her gently into the tub. a hot bath. That's what she needed. As I turned the hot water on, it didn't seem to be doing anything, she was still shivering and shaking, but after about ten minutes, she stopped, and finally seemed to relax.

Satisfied, I turned the water off, letting her soak In the hot water while I went to turn on water for tea. She'd need something warm to drink, and she would need clothes to wear.

I pulled on a fresh pair of sweats and a hoodie, grabbing some clothes that Lucy liked to wear when she would stay over.

"Hey. These are for you." I told her, setting them on the counter.

She nodded weakly, not looking at me.

I crouches down next to her, gently touching her hair.

"It's gonna be okay love. We're gonna be okay."

Her eyes flashed to me? Before her face crumpled, and her tears started to fall. She looked so broken.

Not thinking about the fact that I had just gotten dressed in dry clothes, I pulled her into me, wrapping my arms tightly around her, burying my face into her neck.

"Lucy, we're gonna be fine." I whispered, she shivered as my breath hit her neck.

She pulled back from me, looking at me sadly, tears still glittering in her eyes.

"You don't know that Louis." she mumbled, her bottom lip trembling.

I reached up an tucked a loose strand of hair behind her head.

"Yes. I do love. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I whispered, before I pulled her into me and kissed her gently.

As soon as our lips touched, it was like everything else disappeared. Nothing else mattered to me. Just this, her, us.

(A/N) Lucy and Louis