Chapter Twenty-two

~*Harry's POV*~

I had never felt more nervous in my life. Louis wouldn't look at me, nobody in the band could. The worst thing was...the pain I saw in Lucy's eyes whenever they settled on me. Like she wanted nothing to do with me. I wasnt that bad..was I?

I stood there, on that altar, and when the music started, I saw the bridesmaids come down the aisle, but I was looking past her, trying to catch a glimpse of Lucy. My....almost wife. In mere minutes, we would be married. This wasn't gonna be some simple relationship we could escape from, this was a legal bond, and hopefully, one say it could be more than that. It could be something real. With real love behind it. Like the love we used to have. Next, I saw Bella, with her hair professionally done, and lipstick on, probably Lucy's doing, as I noted the bright red color that her mother always wore.  

She was the flower girl, and was delicately tossing the little rose petals, with a careful precision she could have only inherited from Lucy.  

You could see a little of both of us in this precious child, her looks seemed a lot from me, but a lot of her little actions were her mother's.

Finally, I saw her.

Her dress fit her body and personality perfectly, her hair was artfully sculpted, and her makeup was perfect. She looked...so beautiful.  

But I noticed my eyes definitely weren't the only ones on her.

Louis was staring longingly at her, and I felt jealousy building up inside me. He was standing on this altar with me, as my best man, staring at MY future wife as if it was him about to marry her and not me. Like I wasn't even there.  

"Watch your eyes." I hissed at him warningly, he looked over at me, surprised but then narrowed his eyes.  

"You watch how you treat her Harry. Nothing is permanent." he warned.

~*Lucy's POV*~  

"I now pronounce you, man and wife. Mr. Styles, you may now kiss your bride."  

Harry's hands trailed up my neck, eyes staring deeply into mine, before he leaned in and kissed me softly.  

That was it.  

I was officially married. To Harold Edward Styles.

******

Everyone around me was dancing and having a good time, while I sat miserably at my table, watching everyone around me.  

"Aren't new brides supposed to be happy? And you know, enjoying their wedding reception?" Liam's familiar voice said next to me.  

I looked at him sadly.  

"Don't most brides have a choice in whether or not they get married, and who they get married to?" I retorted, my voice cracking as i spoke.

I followed Liam's gaze to the dancefloor, where I saw Harry dancing with his mother, they were deep in conversation, and Louis was dancing with Bella, spinning her around, holding her hands high, she was a giggling ball of energy, having a wonderful time.  

"You love him dont you." Liam said, noticing where my gaze was.

I managed to hold back tears, but not the pain in my voice.  

"I think I have for awhile, but now...I can't do anything about it.."  

Liam placed his hand gently on top of mine.  

"The paparazzi don't need to know everything. Use that brain of yours, and I'm sure you can figure something out." he told me before walking off, leaving me to my thoughts.

I sat alone for a few more minutes before Harry appeared before me, reaching his hand out to me.  

"Care to dance?" he asked.  

I gingerly took his hand, he led me away from the table and placed his hands loosely around my waist, as I looped mine around his neck.  

"Please tell me you don't hate me.." he said as we swayed to the beat.  

I looked at the ground.  

"Harry I don't hate you. I just wish you had thought this through a little more."  

I offered him a small smile, to give him a little proof I wasn't mad. Which in all honesty I wasn't. I was just upset.  

Harry smiled and then lifted his hand to caress my face gently.  

"I really do love you Lucy." he murmured before kissing me.

~*Louis' POV*~  

I looked over to Lucys table, and she wasnt sitting there like she had been a few moments ago. I looked around frantically, wondering where she had gone when I saw her dancing with Harry a few feet over.  

His hand stroked her face gently, and she was smiling that gorgeous smile at him. But then his eyes locked with mine, and he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, keeping his eyes on me the entire time.  

<<That bastard>> I thought angrily as I scooped Bella up and carried her off the dancefloor.  

He was doing this on purpose, driving me crazy. What kind of best friend treats the other like that? How could he do this to me. 

"Uncle Lou why are you crying?" Bella asked me, reaching up to touch my face, sure enough there were tear tracks on my face.  

"I'm just...happy for your mum." I told her, forcing a smile on my face.  

Bella smiled.  

"I have a daddy now." she told me happily. 

I kissed her cheek.  

"Yes. Now you have a daddy..."

(A/N) poor Lou )': ohmygosh. I feel so bad for him. What was Liam suggesting?! Hmmmmm. Dramadramadrama. Comment vote and fan<3 thanks duckies!!