Chapter 16

Stiles continues to pull and tug on the chains, desperate to escape, having a sinking feeling that Chris won't be able to convince these hunters that he should be able to roam free with his powers this out of hand. Well, at least not all of them. Suddenly, Stiles hears a weird sort of cracking noise, so he looks down and gasps, watching as layers of ice start to coat the chains and handcuffs that are binding his wrists, tethering him to the wall. Stiles starts to concentrate on the ice, hoping that if the metal is cold enough, that it will just break, giving Stiles more of an opportunity to escape. He can hear voices and footsteps coming closer, so Stiles knows he has to hurry.

Just as the footsteps reach the door, Stiles hears a final crack and watches as the chains and handcuffs break open, allowing Stiles to pull his hands free and he watches as the chains and handcuffs fall to the floor with a loud clang.

"What was that?" He hears someone yell from the other side of the door. Stiles spins around to face the door, ready to defend himself if he needs to and fight against the hunters to get out of here. He doesn't want to hurt them, and he will try not to, but Stiles is allowed to defend himself in this situation. Stiles raises his hands in front of him, prepared to use his powers against whoever opens that door.

Finally after the sounds of someone fiddling around with the key, the door opens to reveal the familiar faces of the hunters Stiles saw up at the cabin in the mountains. Stiles still doesn't know how they were able to either follow him or track him down to that location, knowing where he was. That doesn't matter now though. They all look outraged when they see that Stiles has broken out of the chains.

"Stop him!" One of the men cry in outrage and they all charge into the room, ready to attack Stiles, but he's ready for them. He uses his powers to hold them against the wall by using a barrier of ice that goes up to their waist. He does that for three of the men while the fourth one has enough time to duck around Stiles and kicks him in the back, sending Stiles to the floor. Stiles cries out in pain, but somehow rolls out of the way just in time before the guy tries to kick his head in. Stiles jumps to his feet and glares at the guy, who has now brought out a knife.

"Just let me go! Me staying here will only put the rest of you in danger!" Stiles exclaims exasperatedly before he creates a huge pile of snow and dunks it on the last hunter, completely burying him under the snow while his friends call out angrily in protest. Stiles continues to make the snow pile grow larger until he's satisfied that it'll be enough to buy him some time. Stiles rushes around the hunters and starts hurrying up the stairs until he sees another hunter appear at the top of them, holding a gun. Stiles freezes in his tracks, his eyes widening in fear, preparing for the worst.

Suddenly though, before the man can fire, someone rushes up behind the man and places a suspicious looking cloth over his mouth until he passes out and collapses to the floor. Stiles realizes instantly that it was Chris that just basically saved Stiles' life. Chris glances down at the unconscious hunter before gazing back up at Stiles.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Chris hisses urgently. Stiles doesn't wait to be told twice, rushing up the stairs and stepping over the body.

"Wait, you didn't kill him, did you?" Stiles asks as he and Chris run out of the house.

"No, of course not. He's just unconscious. He's fine. He will be out for about half an hour, which gives you plenty of time to get out of here. I'll make sure no one else follows you while you do what you need to do to try and stop this storm." Chris explains as the two continue to run outside head first into the blizzard.

"Have you seen Scott? Did he make it back okay?" Stiles asks Chris, shouting over the roaring wind.

"No, I haven't seen him since your party!" Chris shouts back. He hasn't been to the school, where most people have probably already hauled up. He's been too busy dealing with the hunters that were thinking that the only way to stop this winter was to kill Stiles.