Chapter 6

Scott was surprised when the Sheriff texted him later that day, saying that Stiles would go to the party. Actually, surprised was an understatement. The werewolf was completely shocked at Stiles' decision. After months of isolation, he has finally decided to come back to the world of the living. He has to wonder what his dad said to him to make him say yes. Maybe Stiles is finally starting to get over whatever it is he is dealing with?

It doesn't take long for Scott's shock to turn into excitement and happiness. He will be able to see and talk to his best friend again! He doesn't have to have another one-sided conversation in front of a locked door! The prospect of that makes him more excited and happy than it ever should, but Scott doesn't care. He hasn't seen his best friend in months and he has really missed him. Scott isn't even taking into account the possibility that it might be very awkward. He's just too wrapped up in the joy of seeing Stiles again. They'll be able to talk and laugh and make fun of all the drunk people in the crowd. Maybe Scott can even laugh at a drunk Stiles. Sure, they are all still underage and it is illegal, yet it never seems to stop teenagers from drinking. Scott knows that Stiles' dad will be at the party too, but maybe he will let it slide, just so Stiles can have a good time. Maybe he will understand the situation, as he probably drank underage as well. Or maybe not. Maybe he will ban the alcohol at the party. Either way, it'll be hilarious and Scott can picture Stiles and himself laughing at either scene.

Scott beams in delight as he reads the text over and over again. He can't wait to tell Lydia. She will be thrilled as well. She will probably also say something like 'I told you so', but that doesn't matter. The important thing is that Stiles is coming to the party. Scott doesn't want to text Lydia about it though. He's buzzing with energy, so he will just run to her house and tell her there. He puts his phone away and grabs his things and starts dashing downstairs.

"I'm just going to Lydia's house. I'll be back soon, Mom!" Scott calls out as he rushes past the kitchen, where his Mom, Melissa, is.

"Alright, Scott. Be back before dinner, which will be in 45 minutes!" Melissa tells back in response. She barely hears Scott's shouted 'okay' in response, for he is already out the front door, running down the street. Melissa chuckles to herself and shakes her head in amusement as she continues to prepare the ingredients for the meal she's planning on making for dinner. She has a pretty good idea as to why Scott is so excited, even though he hasn't said anything to her. All Melissa really needs to know to come to a conclusion is that Scott has been down and miserable ever since the nogitsune was defeated and Stiles shut the world out from him, including Scott. If he's this happy and excited, it obviously means that Stiles has decided to go to that party Lydia is throwing tomorrow night. Melissa is planning on going, especially now that she knows Stiles is too. She has missed having Stiles around, always having seen him as a second son, so it'll be great for her to see him again, and vice versa.

Scott continues to run down the street excitedly, feeling on top of the world. He probably shouldn't feel this elated, but Scott doesn't care. He has been miserable and feeling terrible ever since Allison died, so he's enjoying the feeling of being happy again for the first time in a very long time. It feels weird to genuinely smile again, but he also likes the feeling. He has barely stopped smiling since he received the text. Just the thought of seeing Stiles again makes his heart leap with joy. Scott hasn't been the same without his best friend. After the party, maybe things can start getting back on track for them.

Eventually, he arrives at Lydia's house, feeling breathless. Thankfully, Lydia's mom, Natalie, lets Scott into the house without too many questions. All that he had to say is that he needed to see Lydia about the party she is planning for tomorrow night, considering Scott's news could be the decider of whether or not the party goes ahead. Once Scott is in the house, he walks up the stairs and towards Lydia's room. He notices that the door is closed, so he decides to knock, wanting to be polite. He also doesn't want to walk in on anything he shouldn't see.