Chapter 5

Soon enough, it's coming closer to Stiles' 18th birthday. It's only in a few days. Stiles is once again not at school. It doesn't surprise anyone. The teachers send all of his work home now, not even worried about why they are doing so anymore. They're just used to it. Lunch on this Monday afternoon has just started and Scott, Lydia, Kira, Malia, Liam and Mason all walk towards the cafeteria together. Liam and Mason go save them a table while the others start to get their lunch, piling mediocre food up onto their trays.

"Stiles' birthday is coming up." Lydia speaks up suddenly, out of nowhere.

"Yeah, we know, Lyds." Scott sighs in response, not getting very excited about it. What can they do to celebrate Stiles' 18th if he spends it behind a locked door?

"It's his 18th." Lydia continues as the group finishes getting their lunch and walks back over to the table that Mason and Liam are sitting at, saving it for them.

"Yeah, and? Stiles will spend it in his room, just like he has spent the last six months or so." Malia rolls her eyes, looking bored of this conversation already. Scott knows she's also very upset about Stiles shutting everyone out lately as well. Scott thinks that her and Stiles had sort of a thing. He doesn't know when or how it started exactly, but taking a guess from the little stuff that Malia has told the true alpha, it must have all sort of happened around when they were both in Eichen House. Scott doesn't know how close they could have gotten though, if they were only together for a few days. Not to mention that Stiles was going in and out of being possessed. However, Stiles is the first person that Malia had interacted with on a personal level like that ever since she turned back to human, so Scott can see how that must be important to the werecoyote.

"What if he didn't have to?" Lydia wriggles her eyebrows at everyone who is sitting down at the table. Mason and Liam have just gone to get their lunch, so Lydia will have to relay the information to them later.

"What do you mean, Lydia?" Kira frowns in confusion, wondering what Lydia is getting at. Lydia groans and rolls her eyes at her friends' obliviousness to Lydia's amazing plan.

"You guys really are clueless." Lydia mutters.

"What are you talking about, Lydia?" Scott asks, wanting her to get to the point.

"We are going to throw him a party, of course! We can have it at my boat house, it's the perfect place!" Lydia announces with a mischievous grin on her face. The rest of the group stare at her, waiting to see if she's joking.

"What?" Lydia asks with a frown, looking around at everyone's confused faces.

"Lydia, we've barely seen Stiles and he hasn't come out of his room for practically six months. How the hell do you expect him to just show up to a party that you want to throw for him?" Malia asks skeptically, folding her arms across her chest.

"I agree with Malia. It seems like an idea that won't work too well, Lyds." I shrug. Kira hums in agreement.

"Guys, come on! We have to try something! It's his 18th. He will want to do something for it, celebrating with his friends." Lydia tries to reason with the others.

"We all know your parties have like, at least a hundred people, probably more." Kira scoffs, shaking her head in amusement.

"So? All of us will be there, so Stiles will be celebrating with his friends. His dad can come along too." Lydia replies back, the smile still on her face.

"I don't know, Lyds. Still sounds like it could easily flop. Besides, how do you organize a huge party like that in three days?" Scott asks doubtfully. Lydia glares at him, making Scott sit up a little straighter and feel uncomfortable under the famous Lydia Martin stare.