Chapter 2

Noah and Claudia Stilinski burst through the door and into the living room breathlessly, having been woken up by their son's desperate and terrified screaming. They gasp in horror at the sight in front of them, seeing all the ice and snow everywhere and a sobbing Stiles holding onto Scott, who appears to be unconscious.

"Stiles? What happened? What did you do?" Noah asks sternly as he and his wife rush over to the two boys, kneeling down beside them.

"It was an accident, I promise!" Stiles whimpers, looking up at his parents with teary eyes. He then looks back down at Scott and leans his forehead against Scott's for a moment, which Stiles notices feels way too cold for it to be normal.

"I'm so sorry, Scotty." Stiles whispers to his best friend sincerely, tears staining Stiles' cheeks. After another moment, Claudia gently picks Scott out of Stiles' hands and holds onto him in her arms. She feels his forehead and gasps as she feels how cold he is.

"He's ice cold." Claudia informs her husband, sounding scared, which only makes Stiles feel worse. Noah frowns as he tries to decide what to do. Suddenly, he gets an idea, his expression softening a little. He knows a Druid that lives down at the bottom of the mountains. He was the one that first told Noah and Claudia of Stiles' powers that he was born with, before Stiles even showed any physical signs of having any powers. After that, Noah and the Druid have remained in good contact with each other and Noah knows that they can trust him.

"I know where we need to go. I know who can help us." Noah informs his son and his wife in a serious, but determined voice. Claudia and Noah exchange a look, having a silent conversation with each other. After a few moments, Claudia nods firmly. Stiles looks between his two parents in confusion, having no idea what is going on. He just wants Scott to be okay.

"Alright then. Let's go." Claudia says, standing up, lifting Scott up with her, carrying the limp boy in her arms. She starts walking out of the room again in a hurry, while Stiles stays on the ground, watching his mother leave, barely breathing, still feeling shocked from what just happened.

"Stiles, come on son. We have to go." Noah tells his son gently, taking his hand and helping the small boy to his feet, guiding him out of the room. They both hurry up to catch up with Claudia, who has appeared to have grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Scott, trying to keep him as warm as possible. The small family rush outside of their vacation cabin and towards the car. No one notices the icy footsteps Stiles is leaving behind every time Stiles takes a step. They all clamber into the car, with Noah driving, Claudia sitting in the passenger seat and Scott and Stiles sitting in the back. Stiles keeps a hand tentatively on Scott's shoulder, to keep him upright, still whispering Scott's name quietly, shaking him slightly, hoping that Scott will miraculously wake up.

Noah starts the car's engine and quickly drives away from the cabin and down the mountains. Stiles stares out the window, but there isn't much for Stiles to see, since it is pitch black outside. His eyes do widen slightly in horror and fear as he notices the small amount of ice starting to form on the inside of the car window, the whole window becoming very cloudy. Stiles doesn't know how to stop it. He quickly looks away from it, trying to ignore it and concentrate on Scott again, but now he's too afraid to even hold onto Scott's shoulder, so he lets go, not wanting to hurt Scott more than he already has. He keeps a close eye on Scott though, wrapping the blanket tighter and more securely around Scott, not wanting anything else to happen to him, not if Stiles can help it. Stiles listens to his mom talk rapidly into her phone with someone, but he doesn't pay attention to what she's saying.

After about 20 minutes, Noah has finally driven down the mountain and into town, pulling up at a small veterinary clinic. Stiles looks at the sign in confusion, not knowing why they are here.