Chapter 12

Stiles gasps in horror as he sees his best friend fall to the ground, clutching at his chest, groaning a little in pain, the blue light only now fading away. Stiles is terrified at what he could have just done. Stiles stands there like a frozen statue, internally panicking for a few moments. He obviously wants to help Scott, but he also doesn't want to make it worse. Stiles is about to say something when he hears footsteps running this way.

"Scott! Scott, are you okay?" Derek yells as he bursts into the hallway that Scott and Stiles are in. Derek's eyes widen a little at the sight in front of him and he immediately goes to Scott's aid, helping him stand up. Scott already feels ice cold and his knees are weak and threatening to give out from under him. Derek already regrets letting Scott go in here alone. He knew something would go wrong.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine..." Scott manages to huff out as he tries to regain his breath again. Derek glares over at Stiles angrily.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles asks Derek in a panic, still upset with what he just did to Scott. He never particularly liked Derek, but now that someone else is here, Stiles has a chance of hurting them too. Derek and Stiles may never have been best buddies, but Stiles doesn't want to hurt him.

"What did you do?" Derek hisses at the teenager.

"I-I don't know! I'm really sorry!" Stiles stutters in horror with tears in his eyes as he looks down at his trembling hands, almost as if he used them to strangle someone. Stiles can't believe that just happened, and he doesn't know what is going to become of it, but what Stiles does know is that he can't let it get worse.

"You both have to go. Now." Stiles orders, ice starting to form under his feet, creeping along the floor and up the walls, which is starting to creep Derek out. Derek finally realizes how easily Stiles' powers can become a danger when they are not controlled properly.

"What? No. We are not leaving without you, Stiles." Scott protests, finally getting some of his strength back, standing up on his own again, even though he does feel quite a bit weaker than before he was hit with that icy blast, not to mention he feels a lot colder too.

"Scott, maybe we should just listen and get out of here. It's clear that Stiles doesn't want our help." Derek suggests, noticing the terrified and pleading look in Stiles' eyes that is asking to get Scott out of here. Derek hates to agree with Stiles, but he's right. Scott does not look very well at all and they aren't achieving much here. It's clear that Stiles won't be coming back to Beacon Hills with them, no matter how much persuading Scott and Derek try to do.

"No, I can't just leave my best friend here all alone. We can find a way to reverse the storm and the winter." Scott tries again, taking a step towards Stiles, but Derek pulls Scott back and Stiles steps away also.

"How? What power do you have to stop this winter, or to stop me? If I can't stop it, how can you?" Stiles asks, sounding hopeless and defeated.

"We can't give up yet, Stiles. There's always hope. Just come back home with us and we can-" Scott tries again, but is interrupted by Stiles.

"No. I'm not going back. You're leaving without me. Goodbye, Scott. Derek." Stiles says, his voice breaking a little bit, but for the most part, it sounds cold and firm, Stiles' mind clearly made up.

"You can either leave the easy way, or the hard way." Stiles adds, lifting his hand out in front of him, a small amount of snow and ice forming and whirling around just above his hand. It looks very pretty, but both Scott and Derek can see it as a threat.