Arthurian Legends

We leave Jess and Blake to their adventures for a moment to check on the rest of our group. Though Erica and Leo may not be much better off...

'I can't believe this. I just can't believe this!' Erica panicked.

'Can't imagine someone taking control other than you, huh.' Leo smirked.

'Don't get all high and mighty on me! You were just as upset. She just up and left... with our ONLY means of escape.'

'Erica, only 3 people could have taken it anyways. Jess will get help. I know she will.'

'It's s shame of what happened to Wayne...And a shame about how you both are handling it! Not one of you has even taken a moment to pay respects or bury the body. It's sickening.' Donovan facepalmed.

'Don't you go playing all high and mighty, Donovan! What have YOU done for Wayne?' Erica glared and smirked.

'Don't you talk to my dad like that!' Leo yelled at her.

'It's td all right, Leo. I can stand my own. While you both sat bickering over simply whether to return to camp or not... I went and said a few words. I don't know what beliefs Wayne may have had, if any... so I tried to keep it as open ad I could.' Donovan sniffled.

'See, Erica!' Leo grinned.

'I...I guess we better go bury the body...' Erica walked away.

'I hate being back here. Reminds me of all the crap we've seen.' Leo said uneasily.

'Oh toughen up, Leo. We'll never get out of here with that attitude. Things happen. We just have to pull through.' Erica crossed her arms.

'I hate you sometimes. Come on, let's get this over with. Do you see the body?'

'Hmm... Actually....no! I don't see him anywhere!' Erica looked shocked.

Erica and Leo walked further.

'What is going on here?! Leo, he's gone! Wayne's body is...gone!'

'That's impossible. We must be in the wrong place.'

'Have you seen other helicopter landing pads around here, Leo?!'

'I don't know, Erica. I just....how can his body just be missing?'

'Well, I guess it's for the best. One less thing we have deal with.'

'Erica, what is your problem?! Why are you so heartless?'

'Listen...I'm...I'm sorry, for how I've been acting. I'm just scared. I hate not feeling like I have a purpose, so I'm just trying to stay focused. But...I know I've just made things difficult.'

'Erica, I...wow. Well, thank you. For saying that. Come on, let's head back to camp.'

They start walking back to the campsite.

'Leo...you never went to that radio tower, did you?' Erica asked.

'No...why?'

'Well, neither did I. I was just thinking... everything on this island has been full of tricks. But when Wayne and Blake went to visit it, we didn't know that.'

'I think I see what you're saying... it's probably booby trapped! We should be more careful.'

'Well, yes. It is probably booby trapped. But I was thinking it's more likely they missed something. I think there may be more there than we thought.'

'Hmmm... I agree! Let's check it out!'

'I was hoping you'd say that. Because you'll have to go without me.

'WHAT?! Erica, you've have never been one to chicken out!'

'Leo...I can't swim! Remember how I almost DROWNED! I would have...if Wayne hadn't helped me. Why did HE have to be the one of us to...to die!'

'I'm sorry, Erica. He helped all of is so much.'

'Yes, well. Crying doesn't help us now. You have to get to that tower.'

'Wait, I've got it! I know how you can get there, too.'

'Leo....if really don't want to go...'

'Erica, I need your help. You're the practical one of us. You'll see things I'd miss. And I KNOW I can get you there safely!'

'I don't like the sound of this...'

At the radio tower...

'All right, Leo. What's the big plan?'

'We use the life vests that have washed up from the crash! I'll tie you to me, and pull you along!'

'Leo, that is brilliant! Nice work. See, you can be practical, too!'

'Thanks, Erica. Come on, we better get going.' Leo blushes.

'Well that was one of the most embarrassing things ever.'

'Come on, Erica. It was fun! And we get to do it all over again!' Leo laughed.

'Not if I can help it. There has to be more to this tower.'

'I don't think so, Erica. This looks like just an old radio room to me.'

'Really? Then why do you think of this?'

'What is that?'

'Looks like a secret door. Come on!'

Erica and Leo head in through the secret door.

'Man, where are we?'

'This must be beneath the island! I knew there had to be another way to this island!'

'Whoever owned it couldn't have swum out here. And I didn't see any ties for boats along the shore.'

'Wow, good thinking, Erica!' Thy walked further into the halls.

'Look at all these doors. I haven't been able to see into any of them.'

'What could they have been hiding.' Erica tries opening a door. 'Leo...this one is open!' They walked inside.

'Oh my goodness, it's awful!' Erica looked nauseous.

'What is this place?!'

'It's like an abandoned mental institute, or hospital, or something...'

'Judging by these scratches... I wouldn't say these peple were here willingly.'

'Let's get out of here. I hate it in here.'

'There is a breeze up ahead. Come on!' Leo guided her.

'Leo, we're in the woods...and I think we're right by the camp!'

'Wow...this island must be lined with tunnels.'

'We should come back with some sort of recording device. Who knows where these tunnels lead! It might be a way out!'

'Sure... but let's check on my dad first. It's already dark and we've let him alone for a long time...'

As they walk back to camp.

'Hey dad, we're back!' Leo looks around. 'Dad?'

'Donovan! DONOVAN!!' Erica hollered in fear.

'Where...where is he?'

'I...I don't see any sign of him!'

'He can't be far. I'm looking for him!'

'Wait! He may be coming right back!'

'But...oh, I don't know! WY is this happening to us?!'

'Come on, we can.. search around camp, He has to be somewhere, Leo.'

'I'm telling you, we need to look around!' They separate.

'Dad! Where are you?' Leo stumbles onto the ground. 'AAAAaaahhhhhhh.......'

Erica appears. 'Leo? Was...was that you? Leo, this isn't funny! Where are you?' Erica walks forward. 'EEEeeeeepp!'

It seems our lost heroes have stumbled across some strange new development. What awaits in the caverns of this lost island?