Why don't you love me?

Lily POV:

"I HATE YOU!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

"NO TELL ME WHY DO YOU HATE ME!" Zayn yelled right back.

"I JUST DO! I HATE YOU!"

"There has to be a reason as to why you hate me. I have been trying really hard, really really hard to be your friend actually I want to be more than friends." Zayn said calming down, he was looking me in the eyes with sorrow.

"Zayn you don't want anything to do with me. I promise you won't want anything to do with me. You can’t love me!" I calmed down and I could feel my heart racing. Zayn loved me and I loved him but I couldn't be with him, I just can't.

"Lily," Zayn moved closer to me, I backed away the closer he got, "I love you." His hand reached for my face. I jerked away. "No Zayn."

"Yes, Lily we are meant to be together. I love you Lily."

"No Zayn you can't you just can't I'mmmm …..I'mm ….I'm Scared!" I bolted out of the room and around the corner. I ran out of my building and down the street.

----------------------------------------

Zayn POV:

"Lily come back!" I ran after her. I felt a strong arm grip me tight. I turn to see Adian holding me back. "NO ADIAN LET GO! I LOVE HER! I NEED TO TALK TO HER! LET ME GO AFTER HER!"

"No she needs a second. You threw too much on her at once. She is fragile. Let us go first and then you go later. We know where she is." Adian reassured me.

 Bek, Adian, and I started out the door. They found her sitting on a bench by the river. She was all alone tucked in a ball just staring at the river. She seemed hurt.

--------------------------------------------

 Lily POV:

I ran to my special spot. It was a bench on the river walk. For some reason whenever I get hurt or I am upset I come here. Or if I need to think. Right now I needed to think. I can't let Zayn be in love with me. I just can't.

I felt two people sit down on both sides of me. I didn't have to look I already knew it was Bek and Adian.

"So he told you he loved you huh?" Adian said. All three of us staring out at the river.

"Yup." I popped the p.

"Why don't you give it a try Lily. Zayn is a really good guy. He has liked you since you have walked up to him. Just give him a chance." Bek protested.

"And what if he hurts me? Huh what if he breaks me?" I gave her a look.

"We will be here to catch you if you fall. Just give him a chance." Bek pleaded.

"Maybe." I scolded.

"Well your choice should be soon, someone wants to talk to you." Bek and Adian stood up and walked away, Zayn came and sat down.

"So who was this guy that made you scared to fall in love?"

"What? how did you know?" I ask confused.

"I know it is some guy. Everyone has a reason to be afraid of love. Someone hurt you. Told you untrue things.." Zayn looked at me.

"You really want to know?" I looked at him. He shook his head yes. "Well fine, growing up, I loived in a house where I was told I was ugly every single day. I was hurt physically and emotionally. He made me believe that I was worthless. He was my brother… My parents never knew he did these things to me. They never knew he beat me and would tell me I was ugly and that he hated me. They never found out. He always told me I would never find someone to fall in love with me. He pushed those thoughts in my head and I have never been able to push them away.My brother went to jail on drug charges about 2 years ago. He can spend up to 6 more years in jail. Sad thing is the day he left, I missed him. I know I am so stupid.”

"Stop calling yourself stupid. He played with your mind, he brain washed you. It’s not your fault. Don’t let one asshole stop you from falling in love with the person you should be with. I am not saying that we are meant to be together. I don’t know that far in the future, but what I am saying is that we should try. I like you a lot and I can tell you like me too. I know I love you but I don’t know if you love me and you know what, that’s okay. We don’t have to automatically fall in love but we can give it a try. What do you say?" Zayn slid his hand in mine. I felt so comfortable, and safe. I rested my head on his shoulder and he gently set his head on mine. "Okay."

"What?" He looked at me with the biggest smile and a gleam in his eyes.

"Lets go out." I smiled. He stood up and grabbed me into a huge hug. He spun me around and gently set me down.

"Okay then. Shall we go on our first date?" He asked doing a tiny bow.

"We shall, under one circumstance, I get to show you around Chicago."

"Sounds like the best date ever!"

"Then its off to the bean we go!!"

We spent all day just hanging out and going around Chicago. It was simply wonderful. I really liked Zayn. He made me happy…

Maybe Zayn is what I need to forget about all the hurt. Maybe Zayn will help me realize that I might actually be beautiful. Maybe he will make me happy. But what is going to happen when he has to leave me…