Chapter 10

10.

Hunter was released a few days later and he was allowed to come over and have lunch with my family. I was super excited to see him that when he came in I hugged him fiercely and pulled back suddenly, scared that I had hurt him. He shook his head and pulled me back into a tight embrace. After lunch we sat on the couch and watched television with Shay and Jeremy. My parents went into the computer room and were discussing what to do about the court stuff with Deborah and Mason wanting me back.

Hunter leaned in and whispered so that only I can hear, “I have an idea about the moving up north thing. Tell you about it when we’re alone.”

I nodded and Hunter pulled his arm around me tighter. I smiled as he slipped it under my shirt and laid it on my stomach as I leaned against him. My eyes looked out of the corner to see if Jeremy or Shay had noticed. If they did they weren’t saying anything and Hunter seemed to notice as well. He pulled me as close as he could to me and moved his fingers over my stomach. Since I was completely distracted, I giggled and looked up at him to see that he had been gazing at me the entire time. He lifted his lips to mine and we pulled back when Jeremy said, “Keep it PG guys.”

“There aren’t any kids in here,” I said as Hunter kissed my hair.

“No. But I want to keep my food in my stomach,” Jeremy said winking and I laughed along with Shay.

“Alright we’ll go get a room,” I said and got up with Hunter to go outside in the backyard.

“So what’s your idea?” I asked as we lay in the grass under a tree.

Hunter turned to lie on his side and said, “Well if we move up to Indiana in like two or three years, then we can do whatever we want.”

I caught on to what he was saying and said, “Great. But how do I know that you’ll wait two or three years?”

Hunter looked at me sincerely and said, “Cameron I promise we will. I’d propose but you’re too young. So when you’re eighteen I’ll do it then.” He winked and I kissed him for my response.

He pulled back and said, “Do you mind if we go up to your bedroom before someone sees us?”

“Not at all,” I said and walked as calmly as I could with him upstairs. When I shut the door, his lips were on mine and he pushed me up against the wall. His firm structure molded against mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my back. I pulled his shirt off and he ripped mine off as I moved my leg to rest against his hip. He bent down and wrapped my other leg around his waist, supporting me against the wall and moved his hands through my hair. This kiss was more serious and I wasn’t afraid because I knew Hunter wasn’t going to break a promise once he made one.

Before we could do anything else, a knock sounded on the door. Hunter gently let me down and pulled his shirt on as I threw mine on as well. I composed my face and opened the door to see my dad.

“Hi dad,” I said suddenly scared that maybe they had heard us or something.

“Cameron, we need you to testify in court. The judge believes us mostly but we need some kind of proof. Do you have anything still from them?”

“Well with Marcus I do... I’ll go check about anything else,” I said and went to go examine myself in the bathroom. I locked the door and stripped down to see if I had any bruises or scars left.

I saw that I still had the burn from the lighter and there was a small mark in my scalp from the bottle hitting me. The stab from Marcus was still red and deep. It was going to take a long time for that to heal, like the burn on my shoulder I realized with dismay. Pulling my clothes back on, I went to go tell Kyle what I had found.

“Okay, I’ll go tell Gwendolyn. Sorry didn’t mean to interrupt,” he said eyeing Hunter and I.

“No you’re fine Mr. Madison,” Hunter said and left the door open as Kyle left.

I went over to shut it and sighed as I leaned against Hunter on my bed.

“That was close,” I said and Hunter kissed my neck, “Mhm.”

“What?” I asked noticing that something was on his mind.

“Nothing,” he said pulling my shirt back off and laying his hands on my stomach.

I decided not to worry about it and shut my eyes as Hunter moved one of his hands to run his fingers through my hair.

“I love you sweetheart,” I said not wanting this moment to end.

“Love you too sexy.”

I smiled because I could tell he was smiling his to-die-for smile and he turned me to face him. I opened my eyes and saw him checking me out. Blushing, he pulled me closer so that my chest was pressed tightly against his. His hands were on the edge of my bra but he didn’t fiddle with the hook. He then moved them down to my back and kept them there, massaging my lower back. I gasped from the pressure and Hunter stopped.

“You have knots,” he said and I nodded feeling sore all over from built up stress.

“Here,” he said and turned me onto my stomach as he slowly tried to work out some of the stiffness and knots that had accumulated.

“Hunter you don’t have to do this,” I said feeling bad that he was in the first place.

“I want to Cameron. I want you to be comfortable and not be as stressed. It’s the least I can do.”

“I owe you more than you do me,” I said and Hunter kissed my shoulder before saying, “You don’t owe me. I promise.”

I stayed silent and relaxed from the different pressure that was being applied to certain parts of my back. Hunter tried to work out a knot in my shoulder blade but I sat up and said, “Babe, I’m double jointed. That’s a muscle,” I ended and popped it out.

“Oh, right,” he said pushing it back in and massaged it anyways.

After a while I opened my eyes to see Hunter asleep next to me with one arm wrapped around my back. I felt exhausted and wondered if someone had come in and seen us like this. Not really caring to know at the moment, I fell back asleep just so I could remember this moment.

Hunter kissed my cheek and I opened my eyes saying, “What time is it?”

“Five, we were out for about two hours. Don’t want someone to walk in and see us like this.”

I frowned having to get up but knew he was right.