Chapter 8

8.

We snuck in and tiptoed up to his room. The lights were off and I bit my tongue to keep from giggling as he bumped into a dresser. He turned on his bathroom light and offered for me to go in.

“I don’t have clothes,” I whispered and Hunter threw me one of his T-shirts. I hopped in the shower quickly and dried off. Hunter knocked as I threw his shirt on and hung my bikini on the shower railing.

I went over to his bed and sat down feeling naked, regardless of the oversize t-shirt. When Hunter came back out, I ran back in and pulled my semi-dry bikini back on. When I came back out, I lost my breath as I saw Hunter. He was in pajama pants and shirtless. God he was HOT! I was thankful for the dark to hide my face at the moment.

“Hey beautiful,” he said as I lay next to him.

“Hey sexy,” I said and he chuckled. “Good thing tomorrow is a Saturday. We won’t have to worry about school,” Hunter said and kissed me. I could feel the passion and wanting in his lips. He wanted me and I knew sooner or later he was going to ask.

“Hunter,” I began as he lifted his t-shirt off me and feverishly kissed my stomach.

I tried again to avoid giggling, “Hunter.”

He stopped and looked at me directly as I said, “Do you want to?”

“Cameron I won’t do that to you. You’re too…” he stopped because we both knew it didn’t matter at this point.

“You weren’t given a choice,” he summarized and pushed away from me.

“I know but, the way you kiss me… I can feel the wanting. It’s in everything you do with me.”

“I’m not going to take advantage of you like that.”

“What if I want it?”

“Well I’m not giving it to you. Cam, I love you too much to put you in a situation like that again.”

I sighed and knew he was right and was just being the protective boyfriend.

“I know you’re protecting me but what happened to you and I being rebels?”

Hunter laughed, “Oh Cameron I swear you’ll be the death of me. We can experiment when making out… but not to that extreme. You’re fifteen, you have plenty of time.”

I gave up on trying to reason with him and he could tell he was winning.

“Does this mean you’re done compromising for the night?” he asked.

“I guess,” I said and held his hand while we lay in the dark.

Morning arrived and I woke up to someone banging on Hunter’s bedroom door.

“Hunter I’m leaving,” his dad called and I hid on the other side of the bed while Hunter got up and went to open the door. He came back and said, “The coast is clear.”

I popped my head up and looked around to make sure.

“Remind me to let you stay at my house next time,” I teased.

“Yea and if Shay walks in?”

“She’ll be too busy with Jeremy,” I said.

Hunter laughed and held up his finger as he left to go downstairs and came back up.

“My parents are gone, I’ll make you breakfast.”

“I’ll help,” I said as he made French toast.

“Hey Cam,” Hunter started and flicked powdered sugar at me. I laughed looking like a porcelain doll and threw some back at Hunter. He grabbed me by my waist and held me in a grip lock. I tried squirming out as Hunter ruffled my hair and threw more powdered sugar at me.