Chapter 9

9.

“You know I worry about you right?” Hunter asked me.

“Why? You shouldn’t worry about me.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt,” Hunter said faltering.

I wrapped Hunter’s arms around me and said, “Babe I feel safe when I’m with you. I know you won’t do anything to me. It shouldn’t be your first priority to make me safe all the time.”

“I hate that you worry though.”

“Sweetheart, I understand and I love you for that. But you know I’m in a safe environment now.”

Hunter nodded, “Yes but I just want you to be safe. Cameron I will do whatever it takes to keep you out of harm.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too babe.”

Hunter kissed me and I pulled myself closer to him. He didn’t object and I gradually eased myself into lying on top of him. Not wanting to see how far I could persuade him, I pulled back.

“You know where I think we should go,” he stated.

“Where babe?”

“Indiana. I have family up there who live in a wooded area. There’s plenty of stuff to do up there that we would enjoy.”

I considered it for a moment, “That sounds great!”

“Great, we’ll go there as soon as I turn eighteen.”

“Perfect! Until then… we’ll alternate staying at each other’s houses,” I said winking.

Hunter pulled me closer and kissed me passionately. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me and I put my hands around his neck. He shifted me into his lap, facing him and placed his hands on my lower back. Then I felt my shirt rise off and he kept his hands on the hook of my bra. My breath caught and I continued to kiss him, wondering how far I would go. His hands stayed there and I figured he wasn’t going to do anything at this point.

Hunter pulled back and looked at me.

“What?” I asked trying to figure out if I had done something wrong.

“You look sexy sweetheart, nothing to worry about.”

I giggled and said, “You look sexy as well babe.” I wriggled out of his grasp and screamed as he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back.

“Who said you were leaving?” Hunter said kissing my neck.

“I have to pee,” I said which was partially true.

Hunter sighed and let me out of his grasp reluctantly as I ran to the bathroom. I was blushing as red as a cherry and tried to calm my breathing down before I went back out.

He welcomed me back with a warm and loving embrace and I leaned against him sighing.

“Romantic huh?” Hunter asked.

“Of course,” I said and smiled as he hugged me tighter.

“I wish we could stay like this forever,” I said and Hunter kissed my cheek.

“Me too baby,” his phone started vibrating and he sighed as he fished it out of his pocket. “Hey dad what’s up?”

He stayed silent as his dad said something and Hunter replied with, “What! But he’s guilty! You saw how she looked! There’s proof!” He got up and went into the bathroom to argue. My breathing quickened as I tried to make sense of what was happening. Garrett was guilty, what if they figured he wasn’t and…. Oh God, Brett. The color drained from my face and I shut my eyes to keep myself focused.