Chapter 7

7.

I became better again and my only problem left was the burn I had. It was a nasty scar as of right now and I wanted it gone. Hunter came up to me during school and asked, “Pool party?”

“Who’s house?”

“Jason’s.”

“Sure!” I said wanting to get out and hang out with Hunter and my friends.

“Cool. Jeremy and I will pick you and Shay up at five.”

When Shay and I got home, we pulled out bikinis and cover ups.

“Black or red?” Shay said pulling out two different ones.

“Combine them, black top and red bottom or vice versa,” I suggested.

“Good idea, and white cover-ups,” she said pulling out two for us.

“Gold or purple?”

“Hmm… Purple,” Shay offered.

We got downstairs and opened the door right as Jeremy had raised his hand to knock.

“You girls look great!”

“Thanks,” Shay and I said simultaneously.

The party was big and I was glad that I could get back into the groove of things. People still asked occasional questions but I answered them with one or two words. Whistles and yells rang out as Shay and I removed our cover-ups. Then the gasps sounded as everyone got a good look at my scar. I ignored it and Shay screamed playfully as Jeremy threw her in.

“Cam, come in.” Mia said as some guys cannonballed their way in making a big entrance and splashing most of the people who weren’t in the pool yet.

“I’m good honestly,” I said a little scared to be in the water. I felt vulnerable with a bikini on and Hunter could tell I was uneasy.

“Here,” he said and he led me over to the table to get something to drink.

“You must think I’m overreacting,” I said feeling younger than him than ever before.

“I got you to come to a party. That’s all I wanted,” Hunter said and kissed me. I admit Hunter was being extremely nice. I instantly became distracted when he took his shirt off. I couldn’t get over how hot he was.

“Hunter come here for a sec,” one of his friends said and he went to go see what he wanted.

I stayed by the table for a few moments and then headed over to Shay. I stuck my foot in the water and decided to sit by the edge.

“Hey you want to get in?” she asked.

“I will, eventually.”

Shay nodded and added, “When you do, join my water volleyball team.” She headed over to the net and started picking sides.

“Mind if I join you?” Jason asked making me jump slightly.

“Go ahead,” I stated and he sat down next to me as we watched Shay start to play water volleyball.

“Does it hurt?” Jason asked touching my scar and I shook my head.

“No, but when that goes away I’ll be glad.”

Some guys were arguing rather loudly about stupid things and I screamed as one picked me up.

“Put me down!” I yelled and Hunter started walking towards him.

“Or what, you’ll call your boyfriend?” he taunted.

I couldn’t figure out who it was but I was petrified that I was in a stranger’s arms.