Chapter 58: Feeling Heavy

Sarah woke up feeling so heavy. She looked around her, but all she saw is an empty hospital room.  Not even Gerald is here. So decided to look for the others, she walk to the empty hallways to the cafeteria to the ICU, she is starting to worry where everyone is. She checked the cafeteria, the lobby, the nurse station- but not one of the family is there, Gerald is not there.

But once she entered the ICU she saw him standing by their son’s room window. He was just staring, and from sarah’s point of view, there was no emotion on Gerald’s face. He is really just staring, he is not moving even a little bit. He was just standing, with his fist on his chin.

So to check whether something is wrong, she walked towards her husband. Gerald didn’t even notice she was there, so he didn’t bothered looking. To her surprise, her son isn’t on that room. It is already empty. She can’t stop thinking that maybe something bad happened and why is her husband staring at empty room. For her this is a bad sign.

 “Babe nasan si Raler?” she started to panic.
“may nangyari ba? Ge?! Nasan si Raler!”
“Where is my son!? Is he okay? why is he not here?”
“Ge Answer me!”

“BABE!” Gerald shouted to make Sarah shut up. “Raler is fine. Don’t worry. You may be wondering where are son is, he is on the way on our room. They remove him from the ICU because he is getting better and better”

Sarah became speechless. She is just staring at him with her mouth open, “What did you say?”

“Raler is getting better babe”

“Oh my gosh he is?!” Sarah can’t believe it. Their son is getting better, and soon enough they can leave the hospital and live normally again- without any dilemma.

The two were walking hand in hand towards their son’s room, when they heard someone calling. It’s her ate Juday along with her ate Sharon. They must have heard the news about Raler, and rushed here together.

“Bunso!” Judy anne shouted, as they walk towards them.  Sasa and Gege waited for them by the nurses’ station. Once the four of them are together, Juday and Sharon can’t stop asking questions. So they decided to talk about it while they walk.

When the two knew about the fact that the child is getting better- they were happy and thankful.  “How are you two doing?”

“Ayos naman ate. Getting better, especially now na pagaling na ng pagaling si Raler” Gerald answered.

“Buti naman, can we see him?” They immediately said yes, and took them on their son’s room.

***

Johna and Fred’s wedding is in a week, So everyone is busy especially the bride. She wanted everything to be perfect, even though she knows that nothing goes right during a wedding.  Weeks away but there are much to do around. Johna is starting to pick up all the stress around her.

Sarah can’t help all the time because she is taking care of her son, it’s just three days after Raler was released from the hospital, and Sarah is doing a great job on taking care of her son. She even took a leave from her job, to tapings and all. All she minds now is her son’s safety.

Shine in the meantime is still helping but not as long as she was before. Because Matt went back to Paris for a week, she needs to be a mom too, so in order to help in her sister’s wedding preparation, she asked a favor to Sarah if she can babysit her son as well. Due to recent events, Sarah can’t help with the preparations so she just said yes.