Chapter twenty

hey missed me?? sorry I haven't been able to update but my exams are horrible... like psychology is just so yuk. :) anyways I've written this chapter and I really hope you enjoy it... and guess what 2,358 reads that's just brilliant :D thank you so so so much it's amazing to have you guys read my book :) so without further ado... here's the chapter :)

Zayn's p.ov

I figured it out, saw the mistakes of up and down, meet in the middle there's always room for common ground.

I sang with my eyes closed, the song was new to us, we're deliberating whether it should be our new single. Liam helped write it, I find it enchanting to be able to sing Liam's words back to him. I know it's weird but he really means a great deal to me no matter how much he wants to deny it. I let the notes carry me out until Liam called out to me,  shocking me with his instructions.

"Sing it high Zayn" he said in a hushed voice and I knew all the boys were looking at me, their eyes were piercing me.

"Cause you and I" I tried to maintain my cords so that my voice didn't wobble. I felt the last few cords of the note roll over my tongue. I waited until I was finished so I opened my eyes to find the rest of the boys smiling at me, Liam had a grin which nearly split his gorgeous face in half.

"What?" I questioned them with a little shrug.

"Surely you heard yourself, that was stunning, Malik" Harry smirked while gesturing to me with a smile. Niall nodded as if in agreement and Louis whistled. Liam just stared at me with a awed look on his face.

"Yes Liam? Why are you staring at me? it's just a note guys" I reminded them but I had a cushion chucked at me.I luckily moved away just in time.

"You're voice is stunning, you have to do that note again" Liam whispered still looking at me with that awed look on his face. I shook my head, that note was too pItchy I wouldn't be able to do it again. Louis grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear something to scare me into singing but I just laughed at him.

"Louis you're dating Harry! How could you say that? Can you even do that with your body?" I smirked while he shot me a devilish smirk, he would get me back. Harry was smiling but he gave me an evil grin as I stuck my tongue out at him from the top or Louis' shoulder. Suddenly something warm was pressed against my back and an arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me securely. I nearly fell over from the touch, Liam.

"You have to do that note again Zayn" he whispered against the back of my neck, making me drop my arms to my sides.

"No, it's my voice, it's up to me plus why can't Harry do it?" I protested but I immediately froze when Liam whispered in my ear.

"You're voice is angelic babe" he smiled and I couldn't see the full smile because I was looking at him through my peripheral vision.

"Zayn, your voice is bloody brilliant so stop, I've got enough to sing, so just work it you little piece of heaven" Harry smiled and tried to wink at me, I gulped because the poor lad can't wink but Louis fawned over him dramatically. I closed my eyes as Liam's chest pressed against my back, he shouldn't be holding me like this if he can't even say he loves me enough to let consequences be damned. I shook him off me and stood by Niall as I waited for the part in the song before I hit the high note. I drummed my fingers against the wall until Liam motioned for me to sing. So I did. I opened my mouth and let my chords play with the words, let my vocal range make the notes sound a little sharper so that I could get louder near the end. As I finished I opened my eyes again and the boys applauded me with smiles on their faces. I smiled back at them shyly because they were making me feel weird, we're all singers here, heck we wouldn't be one direction if we weren't singing but it felt a little strange for me.