Chapter twelve

Zayn

"Zaynie! Louis and Harold are gone and I wanna go Nandos with Josh and Andy, you wanna com?" Niall's thick Irish accent shook me out of my upsetting thoughts. Yeah you guessed it right I was thinking about Liam and not for the first time today, it's been two days since the incident. I'm calling it the incident because I'm not gonna let Liam be upset with me for something I don't even know about. He's been out of the house always making up an excuse but I know he's avoiding me, thing is I'm not one who takes avoidance lightly.

"Nope Nialler I'm not hungry plus Perrie might be coming over later on, anyway you have fun and don't eat the chilli again I don't want a repeat of last time" I smirked when I saw the red blush paint his ivory cheeks.

"Zayn we said we wouldn't bring that up!" Niall grinned. I chuckled at the blushing boy and winked at him while switching the tv on and fiddling with the remote.

"Allright bye mate, don't tell no-one" Niall reminded me as he walked out of the door with his chuckle echoing after him. What a leprechaun he was! I was watching family guy when I heard the lock in the door and a sudden thud. Shit I hope no-one got hurt. I ran to the door and unlocked it to discover a very drunk Liam on the doorstep giggling with his back to the wall he was leaning on.

"Zaynie!! it's you yay I was getting bored" Liam chuckled with a huge grin on his face as he started to crawl through my legs to try and get inside the flat.

"Liam you're drunk, get up" I wasn't in the mood for his stupid antics even if he did look insanely adorable like this. I closed the door as Liam crawled to the sofa I was sitting on a few minutes before.

"Family guy!! Zayn likes family guy he told me once but he's not my friend any more" Liam mumbled as he sat in my place and grabbed the cushion that I had been using as a pillow before he arrived here. Liam hugged the pillow to his face as he said that. I felt a coil of guilt worm its way through my body, I'll always be his friend no matter what he did.

"Lian I will always be your friend" I told him while moving to ait next to him on the couch.

"This smells like Zayn, Zayn is angry with me because I was bad to him" Liam whispered and then looked up at me as if he suddenly recognised that he wasn't alone in the room and he looked quiet relieved. I put my arm around his shoulder and ruffled his already messy hair and chuckled when he snuggled into me. Drunk Liam is extremely cute especially since he says everything he's feeling and is less aware of what he is saying.

"Liam what do you think of Zayn? Why do you hate him?" I whispered while feeling a tear slowly cascade down my cheek when I felt him still and tense up, even when he was drunk he felt displeased by me. I was already feeling sick and I was about to leave him alone so that I could go and cry alone in my bed until my tears ran out and I couldn't cry anymore.

"Of course I don't hate Zayn don't be silly Liam hehe Zayn's cute and he's my beatest friend ever, I like his hair" Liam giggled while watching the tv screen and the moving characters.  I felt relief swoop down my spine at his words even if he was drunk it meant a lot to me to hear him say he still liked me.

"Then why did you say those things to Zayn? He was really sad" I questioned him as my voice wobbled and a knot squeezed my throat tightly makig me ache with the pressure of talking to him like this. Is this how it's going to be? I only get to talk to Liam like before when he's drunk but when he's sober he couldn't bare the sight of me.    

"Wasn't me it was Liam! Zayn likes me but you-you know Liam he's told me that Zayn is his best friend too but he was being mean to Zayn. I would never be maan to Zaynie I love him" his adorable yet husky voice caused troubles to my insides. I wish he could say this while sober but I'm not gonna say I'm ungrateful for this opportunity to talk to him. As me and Liam are really close I used to be able to tell him everything and so did he but now I feel like I'm missing half of me, like I was half a heart. I smirked at the reference to the song that me and the guys had made.