7. Friends

1 week later..

Yuna told me that their family runs a cakeshop and I'm thinking that I should better help with their business. I mean, I don't want to be a burden. I want to help them for helping with my studies. So, then, I decided to approach Aunt Gina and talk about it. I hope she'll allow me.

"Aunt Gina.." I sat down next to her on the couch.

"Suzy.. What is it? Are you hungry?" She looked at me and smiled.

I shook my head in refusal. "No. I'm not hungry.." I chuckled.

"Then, what is it? Is there something wrong?" She asked curiously and I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Well.. I want to ask you something.." I said nervously.

"Sure.. What is it?"

"Uhm.. Uh.. Can I help with your business? I mean the cakeshop?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"I just want to help with you and I think that.. that is the only way that I can repay your kindness to me.." I smiled.

I saw her lips curved into a smile. "Suzy, you don't have to work for business and you're our family. I just want you to focus on your studies.." 

"Yes but.. I want to help with you.. I want to work.. I can work after School.." I suggested.

"Suzy, it's okay.. You don't have to worry and I don't want you to work for us.. It'll just make you tired." She frowned.

"But please, Aunt Gina.. Let me help you.. I want to work too.. If I'll be able to help with you, I think I can feel better.. Please.. I want to repay your kindness.." I frowned and I saw her sighed.

"Alright, Suzy.. I'll allow you to help on our cakeshop.." She said and my eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked and smiled.

She nodded and smiled. "Yes, but you don't have to work every weekdays.. I'm just allowing you to help every Saturday and Sunday." 

I smiled of what she had said. "Really? Thank you, Aunt Gina.." 

"Well.. I really don't want you to work, Suzy.. But still, you're so persistent and I think it's okay if it's only a minimal work." She said.

"Thank you so much.." I said happily and she smiled looking at me. "You're always welcome because you're like my daughter, Suzy.." She tucked strands of hair behind my ear then, she smiled.

~~

I already told Yuna that I'm going to start working on their cakeshop this Saturday and Sunday. At first, she doesn't like my idea of working for them but I explained to her that I just want to repay their kindness to me and it will make me feel better if I'll help with their business.

It's Sunday..

I feel like I'm starting to get used to work here in the cakeshop. I also made friends with Alli who is also working here in this cakeshop. She's the only regular employee here and she knows that I'm just helping her every Saturdays and Sundays. She's already 24 years old and I like her, she's treating me nicely.