-Chapter 1

I wonder if I’m about to make the biggest mistake of my life. All day, I had been contemplating whether or not I should make the call. What I want to say will change everything.

 It’s been 5 years since I saw him. He moved on, but I didn’t. We both made different friends and hung around with different crowds.  He married, had children. He moved away to aspire an acting career.

  I continued making videos for YouTube. Over time, I slowly lost everyone close to me. That’s fine; I liked being alone back then. I pretended Anthony was still here with me, sharing our house. I would talk to him, and pretend he didn’t respond because he didn’t hear me. Even my fans started to notice my insanity and tried to help me get through this. They sent me ‘get well soon’ cards in the mail and wrote me notes of support.

  One day I collected them all up, filmed myself throwing them into the fire and told all of my fans to stop watching my videos. They did. I then closed my P.O box to avoid hate mail, and deleted the Smosh and Ianh accounts. What a mistake.

 I pulled over on the side of the road, next to a payphone. I hadn’t had credit on my mobile phone for several years now, since I had nobody to call.

   I got out of the car and closed the door. I realised that I haven’t been to this part of town before. It was a nice area, with nice houses. That’s weird; I didn’t think Sacramento had neighborhoods like this. I put my hand in my pocket and counted the loose change. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had just enough to make a 30 second call. I put the coins in the slot and shakily dialed in Anthony’s number (hoping he hadn’t changed it) and waited for him to pick up. I could hear my heart beating in my ears now, and I was struggling to breathe.

No answer.