-Chapter 30

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cut!”

Everyone cheers. We’ve just wrapped up the shooting of food battle 2017. Sure, it’s taken five hours of filming to get everything perfect, but it’s worth it.

I’m so proud of myself.

Anthony runs up to me and gives me the biggest, most passionate kiss I’ve ever been given. I almost fall over.

“We did it!” Anthony cheers, hugging me tight. “I’m so proud of you! You did great! We must celebrate this Ian!”

“Do you remember what today is, Anthony?” I ask.

“No.”

“Also our one month anniversary!” I laugh, starting to pack up.

“Oh!” Anthony says, running into the house. He grabs a box and puts it into his car.

“Ian and I have some business to attend to.” Anthony says. “Will you be able to pack up by yourselves?”

“That’s what we’re paid for.” Lee remarks. He’s honestly my favourite of the crew. He’s an awesome guy.

Anthony grabs me by the hand. “Let’s go!” He laughs, dragging me to the car.

“Where are we going?” I say, hoping Anthony would give me a clue.

“You’ll have to wait and see, won’t you?” Anthony laughs. “Don’t worry about Ian junior. He’s at your mother’s house.”

Anthony pulls up to an abandoned building. I can’t quite remember where I’ve seen this place before. There’s something special about it though.

Anthony carries the box under an arm. “Have you really forgotten where we are?” He laughs, looking sad. “Wow it’s so sad that this is getting bulldozed next month.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t remember this place.” I say.

“Well, this is the middle school/junior high we went to. We met here.”

OF COURSE!

“So, what are we doing here?” I ask.

Anthony leads me over to a tree. He shows me a carving.

“See this?” He says, pointing to a carving in the tree. “Scratched it in when we were experimenting.”

I take a closer look. It’s a heart with our initials in it.

My heart melts. “You-you never showed me this.” I say, tearing up.

“I was too afraid to. You broke my heart, remember?”

“You broke mine as well.” I say. “Telling me that you weren’t gay.”

“I’m so sorry Ian. People were teasing me. I don’t know what got into me.”

“Did you honestly forget about today Anthony?”

“No, of course I didn’t.”

“What’s in the box?”

“I bought these when I was fifteen.” Anthony says nervously, opening the box. Two expensive looking rings sit in there.

“What are these?” I ask.

“Promise rings, Ian.” Anthony says, tearing up. I’ve never seen Anthony so emotional.

“When gay marriage is legalized in Sacramento, will you, Ian Andrew Hecox, promise to become my husband?” Anthony gets on one knee. He’s serious about this, obviously.

I start shaking. “Yes! Anthony, of course I will!”

I put the ring on Anthony’s finger and he puts the ring on mine. It’s a tight squeeze, but it was all worth it.

I’ve been waiting fifteen years to hear those words.

THE END.

 [Thanks so much guys! This has been soooooo fun! I hoped you've enjoyed reading the story as much as I've enjoyed writing it. If you like Ianthony stories, make sure you check out I'm Still Standing. ~Amy]