Cold

⚠️Warning:Themes of Death and bullying. These will be present during the whole book. Reader discretion is advised.⚠️

//Your POV//

I sat quietly on the chair, facing my angered mother.

I'm always quiet, it's like my average thing.

I muse about what would happen if I say even a word.

I know.

Pain.

I can never speak after what happened to Charlie, my ray of sunshine.

My mother fidgeted wit her fork tirelessly in a fit of rage.

"Can't we have a normal daughter?" Mother pondered.

"Always so bleak. Nothing like how Charlie was," Dad sighed grabbing a beer out of the refrigerator.

I cringed inside when she spoke her name.

They like to guilt trip me so hard as to drive me insane for punishment even though it wasn't my fault.

He popped the cap off and took a swig.

My mother then looked up to me in swiftly matter.

"Miss doom and gloom. Could you at least open your mouth or are you doing this for attention?" Mom slurred.

She MUST have drank before dinner.

Before I could say a peep, she got up and pushed me out of my chair.

My dad watched emotionlessly as she tapped my head with her toe, then kicking my stomach making me yowl at the harsh gesture.

I coughed up a tiny bit of blood making me feel light headed.

"Oh get over it," Mom spoke.

I WISHED to fight back.

I HAD to fight back.

I MUST fight back.

I WANT to fight back.

"Disgusting whore...." I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh? So your gonna play like that?!" She shouted slapping me across the face.

I clenched my burning cheek and ran through the door into the snow storm.

The last words I could hear from her was;
"AND DON'T COME BACK!!"

"Trust me, I won't," I sighed.

I had no where to go because I have no friends.

I'm literally 21 and I live with my parents.

I crossed my arms across my chest at an attempt to keep warm but failed miserably.

I had no jacket or coat on.

Only a pastel blue sweater on with black stretch pants and black Converse shoes I happened to be wearing during dinner.

I shook violently at the gasps and chills of the gust of the wind and snow.

I felt something else besides emptiness now. Coldness.

Just cold.

Cold.

I HAVE other emotions but I don't really express them as much as I did when Charlie died.

How she died you may ask?

She was bullied heavily by other kids.

She was a lot smaller than them, 2 to be exact and the other kids were 14.

They always asked if they could play with her which we thought was nothing at first until she started coming back from our front lawn with scratches and bruises.

I questioned they kids as much as I could but they always said that she just ran around and fell or bumped into someone.

One day I saw them calling her names like "Mistake", "Retarded", "Future slut" and "Dimwit".

The day she died is the day when the kids got arrested and sent to Juvenile Detention.

They brought her up to a high building and told her she could "fly".

She believed them because she thought they were her friends.

She was wrong.

She jumped and missed the pond that they were telling her to jump in.

They tried to hide her body but I found them dragging it into the woods.

I caught them by following a bloody trail.

My parents blame me for it because I wasn't there in time and now because of me, she's dead.

I remain quiet in honor of her.

In memory of her.

I made a crèche for her, A shrine if you will.

I set it up in her room.

I eventually collapsed on my knees in to a pile of snow.

'This is it. I'm gonna die. Charlie, I'll see you in a minute,' I thought.

My vision became blurred and eventually faded to black making me lay on the snow.

Some odd reason I felt...warmth after having the sensation of...flying?

No, I was lifted,Someone had picked me up.

I thought this was god bringing me into his arms but no, this warmth was Human.

Was I being rescued?

Looks like I'll see Charlie another time.

Before I finally pass out for good I heard soft, gentle, kind words.

"Don't worry. You'll be okay, sweetheart," I heard a rather deep voice reassure me.

I then finally signed into my mind.

~edited: Originally uploaded December 13th, 2017~