Chapter 15 - Back To LA

[Demi Lovato, Luis Fonsi, Échame La Culpa]

Thea

After a really long flight, It finally landed and went back to LA. I am so happy to come back here. I miss Los Angeles and the people here. I wait for the cab and tell the driver the address. I look at the time, and it's still too early, so that means Alexa must be still sleeping. After a few minutes, the cab parked in front of Alexa's house. I pay the fee and get out with my luggage.

I walk to the front door and take out my phone from my pocket to call Alexa. Oh gosh, it's freezing.

I wait for a few rings until she finally picks it up. "Alexa!" I shouted, and I know she must be pissed because she always gets mad at me when I do that.

"Gosh, woman. You're going to make me deaf at an early age." I laugh when I hear her say that.

Oops, sorry, bestie, but I'm really happy because..." I stop just to tease her. I stayed silent when I heard her yawn and then yell at me.

"Tell me! What it is Don't make me curious like this." I chuckle.

"I'm in Los Angeles!!!" Again, I shouted, and it's a good thing that nobody in this neighbourhood heard it. I look around to see that no one comes out of their house to get angry at me, so that means I'm still safe.

"Seriously? Oh my god! I miss you so much." She said it in an excited voice, and I laughed.

"Well, I miss you too, my bestie. And I think I'm going to die out here because it's so freaking cold." I said.

"What do you mean? Out there? Wait, don't say... She stops her sentence in the middle, and I can hear footsteps come downstairs and come near the door. A few moments later, Alexa opened the door.

"Alexa!!!" I hugged her really tight. "I miss you so so so so so so muchhhhhh." I said that and kissed her cheek.

Okay, don't be so dramatic. Let's go in." I chuckle and drag my luggage to the stairs. "Why didn't you tell me you're coming to LA? I might fetch you at the airport." She said.

"Well, it's not going to be a surprise then. By the way, I'm going to stay here for three days." I said to her:

Awhhh, that's so short. Why can't you stay a little bit longer? Three days is not enough." She whines at me and walks to sit on the couch.

"My boss can only give me three days leave; I can't do anything about that. Whatever so, how are you, my one and only best friend?" I ask her.

"You know, there were a lot of things that happened just in a few months." She answers.

Oh, what is it? Tell me everything." I ask her eagerly, curious to know what it is.

"Well..... Actually, I and Elijah already got back together last week." What?! I fell into silence because I didn't know how to react. Should I be happy in front of her? Nah, I'm no hypocrite. "Thea, did you hear me?" She asks, and I look at her.

"Alexa, why are you being so dumb? I thought you were going to be more alert and careful after what he did to you before. You might get hurt again because I have a feeling that he's not changed. Why would you think he changed just to get you? Are you being serious, Alexa?" I finally said it to her in a serious tone while she just looked at her hands. "It's not like I didn't want you to be happy, but your decision is so stupid. Maybe you see him change because he treats you so sweetly and romantically, but once he gets you in bed, he will leave you, Alexa, and that time, you will get hurt for a second time. You have to be harder to get until he feels the same heartbreak as what you felt." I said this to her, but I think it was more to nag, but at least she knows that she made the wrong decision.

"I just think this decision might be a good thing because Gabriel and Gabriella need a happy family." She answers.

Yes, I know that the twins are his children too, but you don't have to let him use this opportunity to hurt you again." I sighed. "I'm so sorry, Alexa, but I really didn't agree with what you've done." I add.

"I know, but it's not wrong to give it a try and let him change slowly." She said. "Thea, whatever it is, I just need your support; that's it." I just nodded my head and sighed.

*****

"Auntie, can we watch the Emoji movie later after dinner?" Gabriella asks me when I'm sitting with them in the living room. They've looked big enough since I last met them.

"Sure, we can watch whatever you want, I answer, and she jumps happily.

"Guys! Food ready?" I heard Alexa shout from the dining table, and Gabriel and Gabriella ran to it.

"You should call me and I can help you, Alexa," I said, sitting across her.

"It's nothing much. It's okay."

We just had our dinner with laughter and had a good time together. After we finish the food, I help Alexa wash the dishes while Gabriel and Gabriella already get ready to watch the Emoji Movie. "You know, sometimes I really hope my boss can transfer me and let me work here, not in Paris. I really want to live with three of you like this." I said this to her while washing the plate.

"There's nothing we can do. Things have already happened."

"You know what? I have to work with Joseph Sanchez, the young and one of the richest billionaires and also a womaniser. He's so bossy and picky. All the designs that I did for his new hotel were rejected by him, and he told me to make another design. Ughhh." I complained and saw her just smile in reply, but then she zonked out for a bit. "Alexa? Hello? Are you zoned out while I'm talking to you? Gosh." I look at her while raising my eyebrows.

Sorry, I just thought about something else. About work." She answers. "Well, you already finished it. Let's go and watch the movie with them. They're waiting for us." She said that, and both of us walked to the living room and sat with the twins. We watched the movie until late at night. I feel so sleepy because of the long flight. My eyes feel so heavy, so I just fall asleep on the couch while watching the movie. Then, when I opened my eyes, I saw Alexa carry Gabriella, who was already fast asleep, and bring her upstairs. I then took Gabriel in my hands and followed her upstairs.

"Thanks Thea. You can go and sleep now. I can manage from here." Without any second thought, I just walked to the guest room. I am so tired. As soon as I get into the room, I just plop myself on the bed and fall asleep right away.

__________________________________________________________________________________

How about Chapter 15?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins