Chapter 16 - Who are you (Joseph point of view)

[HRVY-PPhobia]

Joseph

I'm in New York now, and I think I'm just going to stay here for a few months before going back to Paris. I need to give myself a break. Not from work, of course, but from Thea. These days, I kept thinking about her, and sometimes I even had a dream about her. She really makes my heart feel so different when I'm with her or think about her.

I shake my head from my thoughts and get ready to have breakfast with Elijah. I think this is also one of the reasons why I got a headache. He and his problem will never be solved. I think his problems just come to him more and more. Poor him. After I'm done with my appearance, I spray cologne and then walk out of the walk-in closet. I grabbed my phone with the wallet and car keys that were on the nightstand and left the room.

As usual, I got stuck in a traffic jam. I know I have to get out of the house a bit early, but I'm not. Well, by the way, it's not my fault because it's New York; we're talking about the city that never sleeps. I just hope this is not too long because, one, I'm hungry, two, Elijah might end up eating alone, and three, I have to eat breakfast alone too.

After waiting like a few minutes, I finally can move my car and drive to the restaurant. I looked at my watch as soon as I parked my car in the empty spot there. 8:09 am. Well, I'm late, like nine minutes. It's just nine minutes—not too long. Right? Right.

I get out of the car and walk inside the restaurant. "Welcome; do you search for a table?" The waitress asked me the moment I stepped into it.

"I can manage myself. Thank you." This morning, I said I wasn't feeling flirty. I roam around and see Elijah, who has already started to eat.

"You know I can help you if you want?" I almost forgot that the waitress was still standing next to me with her teased eyes. I smirk and then walk away from her.

"Sorry dude, I got stuck in a traffic jam." I said, and he just hummed in response. The moment I open my mouth to talk again, the same waitress comes to me and gives me the menu. I quickly ordered the fresh toast and coffee. She walks away, and that's a relief. He was just being silent until my food was served. I am so hungry, so I eat it as soon as it is in front of me.

I can't stand the silence, so I ask him "What's wrong with that face, dude?". His face looks stressed, and it looks like he's got another problem. He let out a sighed, stopped eating, and then took a sip of his coffee.

"Rebecca called me last night." I took a few moments to think about who he was talking about.

"Rebecca? Who's that?" I asked him because I clearly don't know any women named Rebecca.

"The one that I slept with when Alexa caught me cheating on her at the hotel three years ago, and she was also my one-night stand a few months before I met Alexa." He explained it to me. I think this is one of the reasons I will get a headache too. Then I remembered the woman that he was talking about.

Oh, that woman. I remember now. Well, I blocked her number then." I said it easily. He looked at me in disbelief. "What? Did I say anything wrong?" I ask and eat my food.

"You know, if Alexa knows about this, she might think that I'm not serious about being with her again. She might think that I'm just playing with her heart again." We go again. Back to his problem with Alexa: He loves life. I really feel sympathy for him because it just seems like he can't be happy at all. If he solves another problem, then there will be more problems.

Oh, that's why your face looked like an old man just now." I said and laughed, hoping that he might at least chuckle, but he did not. So I stopped laughing, cleared my throat, and said, Well, just be honest with her then. It's better for her to hear from your mouth than from that woman's mouth or maybe the internet. It's not that hard to tell her, right? Besides, you're not planning to get back with that whore. Right? or maybe you want Rebecca." He shakes his head. "Then, what're you scared of? She will understand and also try to make Rebecca stop calling or texting you. You're rich and have power; just do anything to make that woman stop all that." I said.

"I think that's the best way. I should tell Alexa first, then second, I will make that woman stop calling and texting me." He answered, and I just nodded my head in agreement.

*****

"Hello Gerald." I call him by his last name because I don't know; I just feel comfortable with it, and without Mr.

"Yes sir?"

"I just want to ask, did Thea, um, ask where I am or anything?" I ask him.

No, sir; besides, she's taking a leave of like three days." He answer. Three days leave? Where did she go? Why would she take the leave? Is she sick? There is so much thought about her in my mind right now. "Do you have anything to ask, sir?"

"No. By the way, thanks for the information, Gerald." I end the call and then lean back in the chair. Where did she go? I can just ask Gerald, but I don't want him to be suspicious or something. I shake my head and continue to do my work.

After an hour, I feel bored, so you already know what I did if I got bored. Go to Elijah's office and disturb him. I take my phone and walk out of the room. "I'm going out for awhile, and I'll be back in maybe one hour or more." I said this to my secretary and walked to the lift.

When I arrive at his office, I give the keys to the chauffeur and walk inside the building. It's not lunch time or anything, so everyone just does their work. I get inside the lift and press the floor.

As soon as I walked out and made my way to Elijah's room, I heard yelling. I stop and stand near the random worker there.

"Get out! NOW!" Woah, who makes him so mad like that?

Suddenly, there's one girl walking out of his room with an unreadable expression on her face. Wait, is that Rebecca? I look at her, and then I hear something like glass crashing on the floor.

I make my way into his office and ask, "Dude? What's wrong?"

"Find someone to kill that woman now." That's all he said to me.

"Woah chill. Kill who? And why do you look so stressed? Tell me," I ask him, even though I know what he's talking about.

"That woman really doesn't know who she's playing with or what I can do to her life."

Wait, did she call you? Text?" I Ask and take a seat on the sofa and look at him.

No, she came here, and I Kicked her out before you came. Just now, maybe you saw her. She even asks me to have sex with her here, and she even tries to threaten me to make my life miserable." I laughed. "Did I say something funny?" He asks.

No, no, it's just that woman is funny. Who does she think she is? Threatening you? That's ridiculous." I reply and laugh again.

"But what if she tries to make a false statement about me and her? And Alexa sees it?"

Well, you have to go and kill that woman now before she can do all those things." He walks and then sits on the sofa too. We talked about it for a few minutes. Then I dismissed myself to go back to my company.

Rebecca, Rebecca, who were you until you had the courage to threaten Elijah like that?

______________________________________________________________

Follow my Instagram: Littlechipsmore.

How about chapter 16?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins