Chapter Ten

We stayed at the park all day and things seemed to be okay for me and Ray. We bought Lisa and Bart lunch but by early evening we couldn’t prolong returning to the house. Tanya and the guys said they had to leave, so it was just me, Ray and the twins walking home.

 They ran ahead whilst me and Ray stuck together. We didn’t talk much.

 “Mum, we’re back!” I called.

 She seemed a bit surprised to see us, which was weird, but then the twins ran at her and she got hugged and everything was normal.

 “Did you have a good day, kids?” she asked them.

 “Yes!”

 “What do you say to your older brother?” she asked them.

 “Make us dinner?” Bart suggested. Mum sighed and shook her head.

 “Thank you!” they chorused before running into the kitchen, getting out cutlery and starting to shout for food. Normally mum might have told them off for being rude, but instead she just laughed.

 “So, what’re you two boys up to now?” she asked me and Ray. We looked at each other.

 “Actually, I was wondering if it would be okay for Ash to sleepover at mine, maybe? Only my mother is out and it would be nice to have some company.” Ray said with a dazzling smile that no-one could refuse.

 Naturally, my mother agreed and so I ran upstairs to get some of my things together and then we walked to Ray’s house. I put my bag down by the front door and finally got a chance to actually see his house without loads of people crammed inside it.

 It was a medium-sized house, kind of big for just two people. The downstairs held a hallway, bathroom, lounge, kitchen and a dining room whilst the upstairs held two bedrooms, a bathroom and a study. Everything was decorated in light colours and all of the downstairs was floored with wood or tiles- no carpet.

 “We have a lot of parties.” Ray stated as I tapped my foot against the laminate wood floor.

 We went into the lounge which was bland and boring and so unsuited to Ray. He turned on the TV and flicked it to a music channel and then we sat down on the sofa.

 “So, where’s your mum?” I asked him. He laughed.

 “We’re going to talk about my mother? Seriously?”

 “Nope.”

 He chuckled and shuffled closer on the sofa, pause for only a fraction of a second before he grabbed my shirt collar and pulled me towards him. He pushed me backwards onto the sofa so that he was lying on top of me, and eventually tore his lips away from mine long enough to kiss his way down the right side of my neck. He kissed the base of my throat and then pulled back, looking at me with a puzzled expression.

 “What?” I asked, suddenly wary. What had I done wrong now?

 “You taste of coffee.” he said. I laughed.

 Of course, however, the taste of coffee only made him even hungrier to kiss me, and sure enough his lips were instantly back to warring with mine.

 I rolled us over so that I was now over him, and only when I was sure that I was about to faint from lack of oxygen did I force myself to tear away from his lips and gasp for air. He smiled at me, a delirious expression playing on his face. I started to kiss down his neck and once at the base of his throat I sucked gently on his skin, leaving behind a medium sized purple mark. He quietly moaned as I continued to bite and nibble at his skin, leaving an artistic trail of purple and red marks.

 He tried to flip us back over once more so that he was over me, but this resulted in us tumbling off of the sofa and onto the floor. We collapsed in a heap, Ray’s head resting on my chest, and both started to laugh.

 Before I knew what was happening he had pulled my shirt up and over my head and was now kissing my chest.

 “Why are you so damn hot?” he moaned, sounding almost exasperated.

 “Meh, it’s a gift.” I replied with a grin.

 Truth be told, Ray was the hottest thing I had ever laid eyes on.

 I was still lying on the ground and Ray sat back to admire my torso, his legs straddling my waist. My hand crept forward and he raised both arms so I could pull his shirt up and over his head.

 “Holy mother of Frank Iero…” I sighed. His working out had never been more apparent. I propped myself up on my elbows and he beamed down at me.

 He leant forwards to kiss me, and then whispered in my ear. I grinned and whispered back and before I knew it we had both leapt up and we were running, hand in hand, laughing, up the stairs to his room…

*

 I woke up in the morning and the sun was pouring into the bedroom. Do you know how weird it is to wake up with Gerard Way’s face staring down at you from the ceiling? Awesome, but weird.

 I lifted my head slightly and looked down as I felt a weight on my torso; Ray was cuddled up beside me under the covers, his head resting on my chest. I smiled, he looked so peaceful. I laid my head back down and wrapped an arm around him, cuddling him closer to my body.

 He stirred slightly and sat up, looking at me with a puzzled expression. Then he smiled, presumably as the memories of last night came flooding back to him.

 “Morning,” He grinned and leaned forward, kissing me softly.

 “D’you have any idea how amazing it is to wake up with your beautiful face next to me?” I said, and chuckled as a delicate shade of pink spread across his usually fairly pale face.

 “D’you have any idea how amazing last night was?” he replied. I laughed and he shuffled up on the bed so we had a pillow each, my arm still round him. He leant on one elbow and tucked me fringe behind my ear.

 “We should probably get dressed, but I don’t want to leave this bed…” I said.

 “Wanna go for coffee?” he asked. I nodded.

 I swung myself out of the bed and hunted around for my clothes. Man, they were strewn right across the room, and my shirt was still downstairs. Both shirtless, we held hands and went back to the lounge together, and I put on his shirt and he wore mine. My shirt fit tightly to his body whilst his was a little loose on me.

 We locked up the house and were to blissfully happy to care about hiding anything; we walked arm in arm to the coffee shop.

 Liz smiled at us from behind the counter and I winked as we left the counter with our drinks.

 I was on such a high and I prayed it would never end. I just wanted to stay trapped in that moment with Ray forever. I wanted to relive the day before, that night, that morning again and again and again for the rest of time…

 “I love you.” he told me.

 I grinned.

 “I love you too.”