Chapter 22: The Date and Spies

Hello minna~

I was freaking bawling thanks to Mashima. For those who read or know what happens in the newest Fairy Tail comic, I am here for you.

I send you a virtual hug and food.

All rights to the person who, instead of giving us NaLu, ripped out my heart and stomped on it. Thanks Mashima!

-MustacheNarwhalz (needs hugs and pizza)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's POV~

I sat next to Gray on the couch. We stared at the clock without saying anything to one another.

"It's been ten minutes since they left, can we go get ready?" I interupted the silence. Gray turned to me, his normal self slowly returning.

"Hell yeah, Flamebrain"

-------------------------------------------

We snuck behind the many buildings of the resort, heading in the direction of the restaurant our friends should be dining at.

Gray and I looked like the criminals we usually fight on missions. We both wore tan trench coats that fell all the way down to our shoes. We had the collars of the coats turned up and wore a sand colored fedora, similar to Jellal's.

We hurried down the alleyway and turned the corner. Gray tapped my shoulder, "We're almost there. I can see it up ahead"

I followed the direction he was looking and saw a small fancy-looking restaurant. In big cursive letters, the building read: La Restaurant De Mer.

What that means, I have no idea. But it sounded funny! We pressed our backs to the walls of the building, careful not to be seen, and headed towards the fancy place with the weird name.

Once we reached there, we served the area for an open window where we could spy on our dear friends. There was one in the way back that gave us the perfect view towards them.

Gray and I crouched down behind a few bushed and positioned ourselves so that we were able to hear and see them and not the other way around.

"This will be fun..." I whispered to myself.

-------------------------------------------

~Levy's POV~

We sat down at a large round table in the way back of the restaurant. I sat beside Gajeel ,and Jellal and Erza sat across from us.

On the wall next to our table was a large set of windows that opened to a view of the seashore.

I could have sworn I just saw the bushes in front of the window move. I shrugged the thought away and focused on my.... date.

Gajeel fiddled with his thumbs underneath the table. He focused intensely on them, not looking up for a second.

Jellal and Erza nervously glanced at him, then back to me. "So Levy, what type of magic do you do?" Jellal asked me.

I lite up at the thought of making this night any less awkward. I smiled and replied, "I am a Script Mage. I have the ability to write and rewrite spells and objects. I can do this type of stuff a lot quicker thanks to your team! Thanks again for giving us our second origin!"

Jellal laughed and raised his hands into the air, "It's no big deal, really! With what happened with your training, it's the least we could do to help. Fairy Tail helped Ultear, Meredy, and I tun back to the goodside. Your guild really is amazing!" He placed his elbows on table and gave me a pleasant smile.