Chapter 16

3rd Person POV

Queen Elinor knocked on Merida's door. She was sick of it. Of it all. “Merida! Open the door! What happened? Merida!” Elinor kept on yelling and knocking but Merida didn't react. She leaned on her bed frame, crying, struggling for air and trying to forget it. Fergus and Hiccup ran up the stairs and the queen gasped loud but Fergus didn't let her say a word and turned to the door. “Merida. I really have to say I'm sorry. You know I love ye and I was just afraid to lose ye too soon. But I have to accept, that ye are a 19-year old lady who can think on her own.” “It doesn't matter, he is gone by now, for sure!”, she whimpered loud enough. “Well, about that... I think here is someone who will meet ye.” Merida's jaw dropped and a spark of hope lighted up, but as soon as it came, it was gone. How can she make sure, it's not another candidate, presenting for her marriage? “I won't fall for this!”, she yelled hurt. Fergus looked to Hiccup and nodded. He stepped back from the door and Hiccup spoke up: “So, you don't like me anymore?” He sounded broken because he couldn't know if he could have trusted Fergus when he said Merida doesn't hates him. But it was a good idea. Merida gasped and goosebumps covered her whole body. Shocked and unable to speak, not giving an answer made Hiccup sad and the royal leaders gave each other a sad look after patting Hiccups back. “I'll take this as a yes...”, he said depressed and about to move. “I'm sorry boy.”, Fergus said and Hiccup was about to go down the stairs as Elinor hold him back, shaking her head. “Just wait.”, she whispered and as soon as Hiccup turned to the door again, it dashed open and a messed up Merida came out. Their eyes widen and she began to cry again, jumping in his arm as he took a step towards her. He couldn't help it and lost a few tears, hugging her tight, whispering 'I love you' in her ear. “I love you too.”, she whispered back. Fergus watched his happy daughter and turned to Elinor. She smiled and patted her belly. After pulling away, Hiccup looked in Merida's eyes but she turned away. “I'm sorry you have to see me like this...”, she apologized but he turned her around and smiled at her, before receiving a nod from Fergus and Elinor. “That's not the answer I want to hear.”, he said playful, while getting on his knees. He had no ring, but this wasn't the matter know. He took her left hand and looked into her bright, gorgeous blue eyes as she gasped. Her heartbeat was going really fast. “Merida. I'm sorry, I'm not good at this...”, Hiccup said pretty nervous, feeling kinda stupid beginning his proposal like this. He took a deep breath and continued slowly. “Merida... Will you... marry me?” Tears of joy flow down her cheeks as she nodded hasty saying the word 'yes' all over and over again. Hiccup's face lighted and turned into a smile and he stood up, hugging her again. This was the best day of their lifes! Well, actually the second best, after their real wedding, but more of this later. Fergus gave his beloved wife 'the look' but she couldn't take her eyes of her daughter and her son-in-law. Hiccup ran his fingers through Merida's red curls and Merida started to giggle a bit, hugging him tighter. After a while of silent hugging the king cleared his throat and Hiccup pulled away from Merida, with a big smile. Both never thought about this way to ever get married. Of course, because they never met and are from different worlds. Suddenly Hiccup asked himself a lot of question. What about the people at Berk?

(A/N: Well! This is it. I know, bad way to stop a book. Cliffhanger, duh. But, what about a sequel? I mean, c'mon I can't let them marry if Hiccups father doesn't even know about this and who knows, maybe some more adventures will come for them! Follow for the second book (if you are interested) and thanks for everyone voting and commenting! Sorry this one is not that long, but I made a short one and if you add them up, they could be seen as one chapter. Anyways! Thanks! Also some special thanks go to nlilystar, for being the first one following me, commenting and voting. You made me really happy with your comments! Also special thanks to Stefan by helping me at the beginning and being there for me!)

(A/N2: What do you think about a more modern Mericcup story? Not for the sequel story but as a separate story. Maybe with Jelsa, RapunzelxEugene [no idea how to shorten this! Lol sorry] or something. But I think I should focus on the sequel story before doing some modern stuff.)