Chapter 3

(A/N: this will be a bit longer because it will have both's POVs! *cheers*) 

Meridas POV

I held my hand in front of my gasping mouth, backing away slowly, as I heard his pain filled moan. “He's goin' to wake up.”, I whispered to myself. My eyes were focused on his closed eyes and I noticed the mud on the half of his face once again, holding back my laugh as I pressed my fingers against my lips. “He wants to clean his face, fo' sure.”, I thought to myself as I slightly lifted my dress and ripped some fabric off my petticoat. My eyes left his face for a second to make sure not to rip off too much of the fabric. Mother would be angry if she knew, but the dress is ruined anyways. The moment I looked back to his face, he already lifted it a few inches and a blushing color rose up to his cheeks as his gorgeous green eyes, which were focused on me ripping on my petticoats fabric, widened. Wait, did I just said gorgeous? I held out the piece of cloth and snickered: “Ye better clean the mud in ye face.” His position stiffened, but then he reached his arm for the fabric and grabbed it. He wanted to sit up with the other arm when his face suddenly contorted in pain and he clutched at the piece of cloth. I helped him up and leaned his back against something black. Maybe it was a tree stump, but black? Maybe it was burned. Anyways... My eyes widened as I saw my arrow, slightly twisted, pinned in his arm. “Ouch! That must hurt.”, I said calm, intended to touch it. “Just clean yer face, I'll take care of yer arm!” I lifted my dress another time to rip a long streak of fabric off my petticoat to use it as a bandage. Just for the moment. He gulped quietly as I lifted it. The feeling of blood rushing into my cheeks causing me to blush was what I felt for a second and I wondered what he was thinking about. I squeezed the Bandage and rolled it loose around my Hand. He looked away while he cleaned his face but I was unsure how to remove the arrow. I reached for the arrow, gently embracing my fingers around it. I peeked to the young mans face to see if he is ready so I can remove the arrow and realized that he was already looking at me. “So...”, he finally said a word “will you pull it out, or not?” his voice made me feel comfortable somehow. “Uhm... sure, sorry for hesitating.” He chuckled out a 'no need to be sorry' and I tighten my grip on the arrow. He drew a sharp breath as I pulled out the arrow and threw it behind me. I felt sympathy for him as I wrapped the fabric around his arm. I made sure it won't fell off and I leaned back and sighed in relief as I closed my eyes. I grinned and let the breeze touch my cheeks and the birds singing songs for me as the nature sounds got interrupted by a question: “So... uhm... Thanks but, have you seen Toothless?” My eyes opened and I saw his hand in front of me. “I'm Hiccup, by the way.” He said smiling but the blush on his face told me, that he had no experience with girls. He stuttered something: “Are you a lass?” His face went blank for a second and I know he wasn't aware of what he was talking about. “Excuse me..?”, I asked frowning. But I have to admit it, with my torn and ripped dress, my horse and bow and stuff someone could easily mistake me from a lass who lives on a farm or something. He turned away in shame and I laughed. I shook his hand harshly or at least not 'ladylike'. “The name is Merida.”, I giggled. Maybe it's better, not to tell him I'm the princess. The look on his face would be priceless, and since I don't behave like a princess in any kind or form, he wouldn't suspect anything. He stood up from the ground and we forgot to let go of each others hands after shaking, which made me unprepared of being pulled up and I tripped over me dress, releasing a 'woah!' before I nearly met the ground again if Hiccup hadn't caught me. Hiccup. Crazy name. We let go of each other and I bit my lip softly in that awkward silence. He scratched the back of his head, or went through his messy brown hair, I don't know I can't look through peoples skulls. All of a sudden, he turned around with a stern look on his face. “Where is Toothless?”, he mumbled loud enough for me to hear. Toothless? Strange Name for a horse, or a dog, or a pet in general. “Who's that? Yer … pet?” I asked and he nodded. “What is it? A horse, a dog? A---” “Well... Its a dragon, to be honest.”, he cut me off. “A dragon?”, I repeated in disbelieve and rose an eyebrow at him. Maybe, but just maybe, he hit his head, which has been the only logical explanation for me to talk about dragons. Otherwise, he is insane. “Well, what does yer 'dragon' look like? Big and spiky? With sharp teeth and big wings?”, I uttered sassy and giggled. Now he was the one rising his eyebrow and answering in a low tone: “Not really. He's more like this...” he held his hand in a, more or less, low level. “He is black and he is not 'spiky'. And---” Then we heard something and the thing I thought was a tree stump, turned to us. “Oh. My. Goodness!”, I babbled as my jaw dropped, I looked at it in awe as it looked at me, with its big green eyes. This, was indeed a dragon. I felt rooted to the spot and let a scared squeak escape my mouth.