Chapter 2

Meridas POV

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun tickled my nose. It made me giggle and I rolled around, just to roll off my bed and fall on my bum. „Ouch!“, I yell-whispered to myself, what made me stop giggling. I sighed after I took a deep breath and looked up to my window. It was a beautiful day. I decided to get dressed, so I tortured myself out of my nightgown and threw it on my bed. For days like these, I always put on my favorite dress, but since it is always such a beautiful day I wear this dress a lot, which practically makes it my favorite dress, duh. It is indeed torn up and worn out, but I find it comfortable, even though my mother says, a princess wears no torn clothes. Mother. I rolled my eyes thinking about her. I love her, of course. But she still gives me stupid orders. My eyes got magically attracted to the beauty of the day and I glanced out of the window. I smiled and hurried to get dressed. I can't wait to ride my horse Angus! I quickly grabbed my bow and quiver next to my cabinet. I rushed to the kitchen, because I was hungry in fact I just got up. I slightly open the door to see if someone is in the kitchen. Luckily, no one was. I grinned and put my weapons onto the table. I saw some apples and put one in my quiver for Angus, one for later if I get hungry and I grabbed one for know. I sat down with my bum on the table and took a bite of the apple when i heard the door behind me and felt the gaze of my mother, as he drilled through me. “No weapons on the table! And no bums on it either!”, she grouched angrily. I used my sleeve to wipe the apple juice from my mouth, and hopped of the table. “Gettin' angry is no' good fo' the Baby~” I informed her in a high tone, stretching the word 'Baby'. She rolled her eyes and giggled softly as I patted her belly taking another bite of my apple. She patted my cheek and I smiled. “Go already. Angus waits for you to ride him.”, she said stretching the last sentence in a high tone. I laughed and took my bow and quiver from the table. Well, its not really laughing, it sounds like snorting with laughing, which makes my mother angry sometime. Like now. “A princess doesn't snorts when she laughs, Merida!”, she frowned as I passed her. Damn mood swings. I closed the kitchen door behind me and sighed. After that I took another bite of my apple and ran outside towards the stall. On the way I finished my apple and smiled at Angus. He eagerly sniffed on my quiver and got excited of whats in it as I got near him. “Slow, slow.”I giggled and caressed his neck. “Ye will get that later pal.” To be honest, I couldn't wait to go into the forest and practice some archery, but instead I brushed Angus fur with a brush and tended him before I sat on the saddle. “Let's go, Angus!”,I called like a kind of battle cry as we burst out of the stall running towards the forest. The fresh breeze roams through my wild, red, curly mane as we passed through the many smiling people in DunBroch. I heard a few people greeting me but I was too fast to greet back. We had our routine like everyday. Man, I love this horse! The sun played with the water, in a bucket, we passed by, and slightly blinded me but it was OK since Angus knows what to do and where to go. It wasn't that bad anyway. We reached the forest and I prepared my bow, picking up an arrow from my quiver. “Time fo' the routine: Shootin' the targets!”, I yelled with joy and eagerness. We were about to pass by the first target between the woods. Ready, aim, breathe, letting go... “Bulls-eye!”, I smirked with vanity. The next target was close by so I put out another arrow. Ready, aim, breathe, letting go. Another one! “Man, I'm so good. Let's see if I can hit this one blindly, Angus!”, I laughed, or snorted, and put the arrow into its ready position. Ready, aim, closing eyes, breathe and release. “No sound of hitting a---?”, I asked frowning as someones, or somethings, scream, followed by a loud 'thud', cut me of and scared Angus. “Woah! Calm, calm!” I said and he calmed down. I sighed happy and relieved but it still bugged me not to hear the sound of the arrow hitting the target. I got Angus to stop and dismounted to go back to the target. I stood right in front of it. No arrow. I looked to my right, to see--- nothing but trees. But as I looked to my left, my eyes widened as I looked into awe. To see... well what actually did I see? I wasn't sure but it didn't moved. I guess it was a young man. I went back to Angus and pulled him with me to the young man who was lying in the mud. I snickered a little, to see him dozing with half of his face in the mud. It was kind of cute, I guess. Angus pulled on my quiver. “Angus!”, I yell-whispered at him. “Don't ye dare scare me like this!” I put out the apple and he ate it in a hole. I giggled and turned again to the young man. He was about my age, well maybe a year older but that's my age anyway. I let go of Angus, after making sure he wouldn't run away of course, and kneeled down to the young man. I looked at his face again and started to think: “I don't think he was just passing by... he needed to have some speed. I mean really, or else I would have noticed him and he would have been there, yelling and crying why I shoot him.” I frowned and snatched out of my thoughts as I heard a pain filled moan.