Who knew saying goodbye would be so hard?

Luke

I make my way to New Orleans, to visit our mother, Sarajevo.

"Luke?"She walks and hugs me.

"Mother." I say dully.

"I thought you never wanted to see me?" She asks.

"I didn't but I need you to come with me to heal the anchor."

"The anchor is sick? That's impossible. Someone is probably poisoning her or hexing her."

"Poison?"

"The spirit world has been crumbling for 3 months now."

"Meaning so has she. Can you help her, mother?"

"Yes, I will on one condition. You forgive me for my transgressions."

Elisabeth

I come home early from school because of my coughing and my ribs are killing me. I cough up something and it flops on the floor. I can't breathe.

"Elisabeth?!" Luke yells through the house. I can't breathe at all. I lay there gasping for air and complete and utter darkness compel me to sleep.

Luke

I walk through the house.

"Elisabeth?!" I yell. I start to worry, she doesn't answer me. I walk to her room. I nearly step on her lung which is laying next to gasping Elisabeth. I pick her up and speed to the hospital. I call Zack as they admitted her.

Zack

I get the call, everyone dreads. Elisabeth is basically dead. She is on life support. She coughed up her lung and is dying.

"Prepare yourself, Zack. It's not a pretty sight." Luke tells me.

"I can't go and see her like that." I tell him.

"She wants to see you."

"Luke, I can't."

Luke

"Yes, you can. She wants to see you, Zack." He hangs up.

"He's not coming, is he?" She asks voice raspy. Her skin, plain.

"I'm sure he will."

"I wanted him to be the last person I see before I die. I guess you're close enough." She chuckles.

"You're not gonna die." I say.

"You're like a parent, you know. They tell kids 'Our puppy ran away.' When it died in the backyard. So, instead of telling me, everything is fine. How about you tell me, you're gonna be here with me?" I hold her hand.

"I'm gonna be here with you." I tell her.

"There are papers in my closet in a black box. Give them to them." I nod. She knew, all along she was gonna die. Even has cards.

"One has your name on it. Promise you won't open it until I'm gone." She asks.

"Promise." I say. A knock lands on the door.

"You came." She whispers. Zack walks in and sits next to her. A tear fell as he held her hand.

"Hey, no tears." She says wiping his eyes. I step out leaving them

Sandra

"Guys, I haven't seen Elisabeth." I say. The new guy moves in his seat.

"Maybe she stayed after school." He says. Liar. My phone rings, "Hello?" I answer.