Chapter Twenty Eight

After quite a bit of riding they had finally reached upon Isengard. Reann got the rest that she deserved with no nightmares as well, and the journey there was pleasant. She had spent most of the time retelling stories from fifty years ago.

She had also found out from Théoden that she was quite well known through out Middle Earth. Everyone knew her story but Théoden felt blessed to hear the stories come directly from her.

Reann was bouncing with joy as they were getting closer and closer to Isengard. Upon their arrival they soon stop in front of a brick wall seeing two golden locked hobbits smoking and laughing.

"It's good. Definitely from the Shire. Longbottom Leaf." Merry said Pippin agreeing

"I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon." Pippin told him

"Green Dragon."

" A mug of ale in my hand. Putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work." Pippin stated happily

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." Merry retorted causing them both to laugh loudly

Soon a small group of Helms Deep survivors arrive upon the scene.

Reann hopped off the horse and walked up to it grinning and started sobbing with happiness.

"Meriadoc Brandybuck, and Peregrin Took my dearest friends." She sobbed from happiness

They both had stopped and looked at the now sobbing dwarf. All of the men rolled their eyes at her dramaticness some muttering things about women being over emotional.

Both hobbits had hopped down quickly and ran to the dwarf hugging her as well as she cried. Their mental states going back order. They had both missed Reann who was a mother figure in a way. They knew she would always be there when they needed her, and it was hard for them to survive without her.

"No need to cry we're here and alive aren't we?" Pippin asked

"Oh you fool of a Took Peregrin Took I've missed you."

Reann dramatially threw her arms around him, as he hugged back trying to calm her while Merry greeted the rest.

"Welcome my lord to Isengard!"

Of course the little sob fest was stopped when Gimli decided to open his mouth and yell and the halflings.

"You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and... smoking!" He exclaimed

"We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good." Pippin told him once he let go of the female dwarf who composed herself

"Salted pork?" Gimli asked

While Gandalf just shook his head in disgust "Hobbits."

"We're under orders, from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." Merry explained

"Come now we must go pay a visit to Saruman young hobbits." Gandalf ordered

The hobbits nodding both get helped on a horse Reann as well hopping on Théoden's horse, and they made their way to Orthanc. Upon arrival Treebeard is there to greet them.

"Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master. But there is a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower."

His eyes then land upon Reann making him smile, and bow at her.

"You must be the Queen Under the Mountain I have heard such great things, and stories about you I am Treebeard at your service."