Chapter Twenty One

The fellowships start to run down the hallway and enter a passageway,  and down a flight of stairs. Parts of the stairs end in a chasm causing Boromir to nearly fall. Thankfully Legolas had grabbed him, and the hobbits to stopped short.

"Gandalf." Aragorn said

"Lead them on Aragorn. The bridge is near." Gandalf ordered

Aragorn is hesitant at first but is pushed by Gandalf.

"Do as I say! Swords are no more use here." He said

Continuing to run down the stairs the fellowship encounter a gap in the stairs halfway. Legolas leaps forward and jumps on to the other side beckoning Gandalf. Gandalf looks back up towards the Hall as they hear a loud growl, and stones fall around them. Leaping after Legolas hearing arrows whistle in the air. Legolas, Aragorn, and Reann shoot back at them killing many orcs.

"Merry! Pippin!" Boromir exclaimed grabbing the two hobbits and jumped to the other side

"Sam!" Aragorn shouts grabbing Sam and throwing him over getting caught by Boromir. He then reaches to pick up Gimli but is stopped by him holding his hand up.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf." He says

He leaps forward almost making it but fell back, luckily getting caught by the beard by Legolas. Reann screamed as she closed her eyes not wanting to see

"Not the beard!" Gimli exclaims

Aragorn then looks at Reann picking her up but she jumps out of his arms.

"You think your going to throw me no. If you must know I once jumped over 50 feet off of a building landing perfectly." Reann said jumping to the other side perfectly

The other stone steps start to crumble and fall in the fire below. They struggle to their feet and look at the widened gap that seperates them from the rest of the fellowship. A huge rock also falls and smashes the steps behind them causing the stairs to wobble.

"Steady! Hold on. Hang on! Lean forward! Steady!" Aragorn said

"Come on now!" Legolas exclaimed

"I swear if you don't hurry and get over here with my nephew Aragorn I'll throw you myself into the fire." Reann threatened

Frodo and Aragorn shift their weight forward tipping the stairs across the divide and slam onto the steps by the rest of the fellowship. They leap across to safety getting caught by Boromir, and Legolas. The continued to run as the stairs behind them started collapsing.

"Over the bridge fly!" Gandalf shouted

The fellowship crossed the bridge, Gandalf stopping halfway over and turning to face the Balrog, who appeared out of the fires growling.

"You cannot pass!" He exclaimed

"Gandalf!" Frodo shouted

"I am the servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you! Flame of Udun!!"  He shouted a blazing light illuminating the whole bridge and its surroundings.

The Balrog strikes down on Gandalf with it's sword only for it to be shattered by Gandalf's sword.

"Go back to the shadow!." He ordered

The Balrog soon takes out it's fire whip.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!" Gandalf screams striking his staff and sword onto the bridge

Stepping forward the Balrog falls as the bridge below it collapses. Gandalf turns around looking exhausted following the others. Last minute the whip comes back up and hold onto Gandalf's ankle causing him to fall and hang onto the edge. Frodo sees and tries to run forward towards him, Boromir grabbing him.