Chapter Thirty Seven

To say to the lease the journey to the Black Gate was anything but boring. Before leaving Reann was upset she could not say goodbye to Eowyn. A goodbye which for all she knows could be her last. When they were getting ready to depart both Eomer and Legolas were arguing about who Reann would ride with. Annoyed with it Aragorn literally picked her up and just tossed her on his horse.

She didn't want this to seem like a death march so Reann would do some singing along the way to make the air more livelier,and annoy Aragorn. She had also given a pep talk to the people, though she herself was feeling an unknown feeling.

Upon arriving at the Black Gate the feeling that was unknown was now know, fear. A feeling not once felt since the days of the company. A feeling she had to push back to be fearless, and be the protector she was meant to be.

"Reann I can feel your heartbeat beating quciker, what scares you my dear?" Aragorn asked as they approached the gate.

"Fear a feeling I have not felt since the earlier days." She whispered

"Everyone feels fear Reann, its not uncommon to feel fear the fear will wash away." Pippin said trying to cheer her up

Nodding her head she took a deep breath trying to calm her heart. Maybe it was because she was fearful for Frodo, and Sams life, or maybe fearful for hers.

"Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Let justice be done upon him!" Aragorn had shouted

With a short pause the black gate suddenly opens, and a dark horse appears out along with the Mouth of Sauron upon him.

"My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome." He greets with a toothy grin "Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me?"

"We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this: The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return" Gandalf stated

The mouth of Sauron had turned his head and sneered "Old Greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee."

Taken out from his coat was Frodos mithril coat. Seeing the coat itself had made Reann's heart drop with fear, along with the two hobbits beside her.

"Frodo....."

The mithril is soon tossed in to Gandalfs hands. Not wanting to believe what they see they deny it "Frodo!"

"Silence!" Gandalf demands not wanting to hear it

"No!"

"Silence he said! Please." Reann slightly begged not wanting to hear her hobbits in pain, and not wanting to end up in tears

"And what do we have here? Queen Under the Mountain, Reann Durin. You should have died when you had the chance all those years ago. None the less my master has a gift for thee upon your arrival as prisoner when you have lost." He was taunting her with a grin on his face before returning to the rest

"The Halfling was dear to thee, I see. Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought one so small could endure so much pain? And he did, Gandalf. He did." He continued only stopping upon Aragorns approach "And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade."

Without a second thought Aragorn raises his sword and slices his head off "I do not believe. I will not."

One part of their mission was a success The Eye did swing its gaze towards the North. Aragorn and the others see the Orcs marching towards them through the gate.

"Pull back! Pull back!"

They reach the rest of their army the fear leaving Reanns body and is now filled with anger, and courage. While looking ahead uncountable numbers of Orcs march toward the Host of the West. This scene causing soldiers to lose their heart and courage.