Chapter twenty one

It had been a whole year since Jerome was murderer by Theo at the Gala. Elena and Barbara was living in the house Oswald and Ed had been hiding in out in the forest outside of the city. Sadly, Ed had left Oswald for a girl he had met a while ago so Oswald and Elena were both heartbroken. 

When Elena and Barbara first had arrived there, Selina, who was working for Oswald, had tried to kick Elena's ass because she thought she wanted to hurt Bruce after what happened at the gala. But Elena had apologized and explained she didn't know they would try and kill him. So Selina and Elena actually had become good friends after that. She had even taught Elena how to move around the city unnoticed just like she did herself.

The police had given up trying to find Elena and the others after looking for months. Things were getting a bit better now. She was surrounded by good friends and she ran a club in town with Barbara that Oswald had given them. Sadly it had made Elena drink away her sorrow a bit, or a lot, to be honest. So eventually Barbara and Oswald didn't want her around there anymore after they caught her being drunk at work all the time. So Elena kept herself more out on the streets, training with Selina and trying to avoid any alcohol.

Theo fucking  Galavan had accomplished becoming mayor of Gotham after all, just like he planned. And it made Elena so incredible angry. He had survived the shot she had put in his shoulder thanks to Jim's annoying girlfriend Lee, the doctor. So now he and Tabitha were ruling and he was still looking for Elena because he knew she could expose him to the citizens of Gotham. But he never managed to catch her since Selina had trained her well.

«Maybe it's time we tell Bruce we're friends?" Elena asked Selina as they sat on the roof top of a building dangling their feet from the edge. Selina strongly shook her head.

«No way. Sure he would forgive you like the good guy he is, but that is also his weakness. He is always following the law and "trying to do the right thing". He would defiantly tell Jim, and he would have come after you. I don't want to break you out of Arkham, again."

Elena sighed.

«Yeah, you're right. It just bothers me because I really liked Bruce.» Elena said and Selina glanced over at her, "You know, looking away from what happened." Elena said awkwardly.

«Well it's not worth getting caught for.» Selina pointed out and Elena nodded.

«And lately it has been hard to keep all these secrets from him. If he found out i work for Oswald and helped you escape Arkham, he would hate me. But had he only understood you like I do..I mean outcasts like us need to stick together! And Bruce will never understand that. Yes he lost his parents, but he have never had any actual problems in his life. I just can't be that good girl he wants me to be.» Selina said frustrated. 

Elena put and arm around her shoulder and pulled her tighter. Selina wasn't the person who enjoyed any intimacy, but when it was Elena, she didn't mind. Cause it wasn't just Selina that had helper Elena over this past year, Elena had also helped Selina quite the bit. Her mother had shown up in her life again after, well, who knows who many years, only to use her to get to Bruce's money. Selina was devastated after that, but Elena got her back on her feet.

«You're perfect to me Selina. You don't have to change for anyone.» Elena said and Selina could not help but smile.

«Yea yea, enough with that sentimental shit.» Selina joked and laughed as she playfully pushed Elena away.

«Well I'm going to the club to meet Barbara and Oswald. They wanted to speak with me about something. I'll see you later." Elena said and hugged Selina. She jumped down from the building as she grabbed a pipe gliding perfectly to the ground. Her parkour skills had gotten pretty good. She pulled her hood over her head and made her way to the club.