Chapter eighteen

Oswald had taken Edward with him as they went to hide from the police who probably would look all over for them and the others. Edward didn't have no where else to go but his apartment, so Oswald had offered to protect him as a thank you for helping him escape. He had given Elena his number if she ever needed him.  Elena and Jerome went back to Theo's mansion because no one knew they worked with him, so the cops could never think to look there.

As they entered the living room Barbara came running up to Elena and threw her hands around her neck. It made Elena smile and she hugged her back with a tight grip. She had missed Barbara so much, and had so a lot  to talk to her about.

"Gosh I missed you! I'm glad you're back." Barbara said and let her go. Aaron also came and hugged her, only he lifted her straight up from the ground and rocked her back and forth like she weighed nothing. 

"Haha I take this as a sign you missed med too, Aaron?" Elena laughed and then he sat her down as he nodded fast. Theo walked over to Elena, but he did not smile or hug her which was no shock what so ever. Tabitha stood at the other side of the room with her hands crossed looking unsatisfied with Elena's return to the mansion.

"Ah Elena, there you are. How was Arkham?" Theo asked and Elena got a bit annoyed by his question. How stupid was he? Asking like she just came back from a vacation or something.

"It was dull, really. But I met Oswald and Ed so something good came out of it." she replied.

"Ah yes, Mr. Cobblepot. I have some business Id like to discuss with him, but he seemed to disappear as soon as he escaped. Do you know about his whereabouts?" Theo asked, but Elena did not feel like answer him honestly after he cared so little for her. Jerome had told her he had to basically force Theo to help him break her out with threatening him with his own life. 

"Nope, sorry." she lied. Theo looked at her with an expression that showed he was on to her. But he just pulled a fake smile.

"I see. Well I'm glad you are back. I have planned for a gala tomorrow that we all will be attending." he said and walked out of the room and Tabitha followed him ignoring Elena while she passed her.

"How is he planning on making people vote for him anyway?" Elena asked.

"Well he said that we're going to attend as magicians at the gala. Jerome will be the magician and I will be the assistant. You just escaped from Arkham so he wants you to stay in the crowd as a waiter so you don't attract any unwanted attention." Barbara said. Elena looked at Jerome with a smile.

"Hah I can't wait to see you as a magician." she laughed. Jerome jumped backwards and bowed down as he smiled to her. And out of nowhere, he pulled out a red rose. Elena's eyes widened as he handed it to her. Was this Jerome being romantic or just joking around? She accepted the rose and looked at Barbara who was crossing her arms while smirking.

"I'm a pretty good Magician." Jerome said proud and straightened up his back.

"But I don't see how that gives him any votes?" Elena asked.

"Well the show is only a disguise. It's being broadcasted live so we will kill a few people, including Bruce Wayne because then Theo says it will defiantly be all over the news . And this will make people hate us so when Theo comes on and knocks Jerome unconscious he will look like a hero and people will vote for him." Barbara explained. Elena could not understand why the hell Theo was so obsessed with becoming mayor of Gotham. But she didn't care. 

Jerome took her hand and dragged her with him to his room. Elena stood in the middle of the room smiling as he closed the door behind them. She had missed his bedroom. It was so good to be back, and alone, with him. This was her chance to tell him how she felt.